NCL Compass Rewards & Bonus Rewards

jamesgjr

OK OK Here goes, we purchased the Platinum level bonus rewards on our last cruise. It gives us up to $3200 to spsned toward our next crusie(s) booked within 36 months. In addition , we have accululated $1000 in compass rewards since our cruise last year.

OK, here is the first question. To what portions of our cruise may we apply the Compass Rewards and to what can we apply the Bonus Rewards?

If I submit the Compass Rewards after final payment, how (or will we) be credited?

I think we collectively have figured out each program, but not sure how they will coordinate.

HELP!!!

jag:D

Your situation mimics ours. We bought into the Platinum plan aboard the Jewel in December. We already had booked our upcoming Pride of America, and had paid the deposit with cash. We told our travel agent that the balance for the Pride of Hawaii would be $1500 in Compass Rewards coupons (from the credit card perk) and then the remainder would be deducted from the Bonus Rewards account. We will cruise Hawaii as Platinum cruisers.

We now booked the Pearl in March 07. We had our travel agent deduct the $800 deposit from our Bonus Rewards account. We will pay the balance again with a combination of Compass Reward certs and more money from the Bonus Rewards account. We will sail on the Pearl as Platinum cruisers.

After those two cruises, there will still be several hundred dollars in the Bonus Rewards account, which we will use as some form of payment on a yet to be booked cruise. That one would be Plat. too.

Great way to spread the benefit over a few cruises.

PS: KEEP VERY ACCURATE RECORDS OF THE DEDUCTIONS TO YOUR BONUS REWARDS ACCOUNT. NCL'S BOOKKEEPING LEAVES SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED.

The NCL Phone number for immediate balance info on BONUS REWARDS accounts only is 866 234 0292, option 2, then extension 1189.

7Seas:

That wasn't really the question that was asked. In fact, the Compass Reward Certificates can take some time to transact. From the time you call for them, send them off to your agent or NCL, and then they actually get credited to a booking can be weeks.

We order the certificates when we get a round number (1000 or 1500), and send them UPS Overnight to our agent whenever we get them, and they go as an "interim" payment. That way you don't cram all this stuff up to the payment due date.

Can I ask what the Platinum level bonus rewards program is?? We use the points we earn on our credit card, but it sounds like this is another program, or maybe an aspect of this compass rewards program I wasn't aware of?

We're planning a trip next June and anything I can do to rack up points and save $$$ I'll do! :)

Let me know. Thanks much!

Star-

The latitudes bonus reward program is a program sold on the dawn and Jewel last year. It is basically a buy in to a future cruise with some perks that have been discussed on this board before. Good deal if you have plans do do another cruise within the prescribed time limits. I'm told by a source at NCL that they are retooling the program again and a new variation may be rolled out on all ships later this year or early next. Hipe this helps.

JAG

It does. Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything! :)

I'd like to pay for our upcoming cruise on our NCL card...what is the maximum amount I can put on it each month to earn the maximum points?

(did that question make sense?:))

It does. Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything! :)

I'd like to pay for our upcoming cruise on our NCL card...what is the maximum amount I can put on it each month to earn the maximum points?

(did that question make sense?:))

Maximum points earned per month is 250. You will earn 4% per $100 of NCL charges.........I'm terrible at math, but it's just over $6000 in NCL charges I believe.

Star-

The latitudes bonus reward program is a program sold on the dawn and Jewel last year. It is basically a buy in to a future cruise with some perks that have been discussed on this board before. Good deal if you have plans do do another cruise within the prescribed time limits. I'm told by a source at NCL that they are retooling the program again and a new variation may be rolled out on all ships later this year or early next. Hipe this helps.

JAG

A new version was sold on the DAWN in July. For $250 you get $250 in future cruise credit to be used towards your deposit plus $50 onboard credit now and $50 on board credit for the future cruise.........plus some other benefits like special luggage tags and treats in the cabin one day.

Star-

JAG

This is exactly the program I was trying to ask about in my post a few days ago about booking next cruise on board. I finally got my answer!!

By the way I heard about it on the Dream in January so you can add that to the list of ships. Would be thrilled if they rolled something similar out in time for the Jewel next March.

I believe they had a step lower plan too perhaps called Gold?!?!?!!?!?

A new version was sold on the DAWN in July. For $250 you get $250 in future cruise credit to be used towards your deposit plus $50 onboard credit now and $50 on board credit for the future cruise.........plus some other benefits like special luggage tags and treats in the cabin one day.

There is the answer to my last questions - thanks Margaret.

Ok I am a bit confused, we will be on the sun at Christmas and then the pearl four months later in April and then the sun again for next christmas, the down payments have been made on all cruises, if we bought in this christmas could we use that amount to pay off the April cruise? Do you stay platinum or is it just a one time deal?

Ok I am a bit confused, we will be on the sun at Christmas and then the pearl four months later in April and then the sun again for next christmas, the down payments have been made on all cruises, if we bought in this christmas could we use that amount to pay off the April cruise? Do you stay platinum or is it just a one time deal?

Big question will be if they are offering the Program on the Sun at all........yet. Ask around and see if the Program is being offered. The new rewards program, just released in June/July on the DAWN, is only for new bookings.....and gave me a hard time when I wanted to cancel and re-book a cruise I already had booked. I just decided not to bother and use it on another cruise, which I booked for 2008. They were still offering the Platinium program.........but not really talking it up, and all the attention was on the current program.

From my understanding you are platinum for each cruise that you use the Platinum program funds with.

new version: for $250 you get $250 in future cruise credit to be used towards your deposit plus $50 onboard credit now and $50 on board credit for the future cruise.........plus some other benefits like special luggage tags and treats in the cabin one day.

The Platinum program cost $3000, and you got back $3300 in cruise value. While the payout is better with the (pay) $250, get $350 (worth) back, the initial $250 down is pretty skimpy. While I don't think there is an aire of exclusivity in purchasing the $3000 plan, this $250 plan appears to be aimed at pretty much anyone. I guess NCL feels they come out well ahead by having considerably more people plunking down an extra $200 on the cruise they're currently on to buy into a deposit for a future cruise.

(I would be interesting to find out whether the Platinum Bonus Rewards level still even exists?)

A lot of cruise lines offer a program like this. On Princess, you pay $100.00 pp towards a future cruise booking (good for 4 years) and you receive $25.00 pp for an inside room and $50.00pp for an outside room. On our cruise in 10 days we managed to receive a total of $250.00 shipboard credit.

I am happy to see NCL offers this program, another reason why I am going to be cruising NCL in the future.

I just pulled out the paperwork from the "Cruise Rewards" program that was offered on the DAWN last month. Here's the plan....

*Deposit $250 toward any future NCL cruise - 50% off of our standard cruise deposit requirement for two. (fine print: 50% off deposit requirement based on a 4 -7 night cruise based on double occupancy).

*Take 18 months to choose the sail date, ship and itinerary of your choice.

*Your deposit can be used toward any NCL cruise (based upon availability) and will be applied against the best available rate. (fine print: Certain rate qualifying restrictions may apply)

*Your deposit will be linked to your NCL Latitudes number and can be accessed by your travel agent or directly through NCL.

*Offer exclusively available onboard.

Plus take advantage of these Bonus Rewards when you deposit today!

*$100 Instand Onboard Credit on THIS Cruise.

*$50 off a Pre or Post Hotel Stay (fine print: $50 off a NCL pre or post hotel stay of two consecutive nights or more and must be used in conjunction with this Cruise REwards offer by calling your travel agen or NCL direct at 1-866-234-0292 at the time of booking.

*Onboard Benefits on your NEXT Cruise

-Priority Check - In

-Special In-Cabin Amenity

-Priority Disembarkation

The form also states that if you are a frequent NCL cruiser then to ask about our expanded Platinum Cruise Rewards package and benefits. But they never mentioned the Platinum program during their presentation.

I just pulled out the paperwork from the "Cruise Rewards" program that was offered on the DAWN last month. Here's the plan....

*Deposit $250 toward any future NCL cruise - 50% off of our standard cruise deposit requirement for two. (fine print: 50% off deposit requirement based on a 4 -7 night cruise based on double occupancy).

*Take 18 months to choose the sail date, ship and itinerary of your choice.

*Your deposit can be used toward any NCL cruise (based upon availability) and will be applied against the best available rate. (fine print: Certain rate qualifying restrictions may apply)

*Your deposit will be linked to your NCL Latitudes number and can be accessed by your travel agent or directly through NCL.

*Offer exclusively available onboard.

Plus take advantage of these Bonus Rewards when you deposit today!

*$100 Instand Onboard Credit on THIS Cruise.

*$50 off a Pre or Post Hotel Stay (fine print: $50 off a NCL pre or post hotel stay of two consecutive nights or more and must be used in conjunction with this Cruise REwards offer by calling your travel agen or NCL direct at 1-866-234-0292 at the time of booking.

*Onboard Benefits on your NEXT Cruise

-Priority Check - In

-Special In-Cabin Amenity

-Priority Disembarkation

The form also states that if you are a frequent NCL cruiser then to ask about our expanded Platinum Cruise Rewards package and benefits. But they never mentioned the Platinum program during their presentation.

Help me understand this....your on a cruise you booked a "future cruise" and the cruise that you are on you got $100 shipboard credit for the cruise that you were on? Plus you got shipboard credit on your future cruise also? Also is it $250.00 pp or total.

Thanx

Help me understand this....your on a cruise you booked a "future cruise" and the cruise that you are on you got $100 shipboard credit for the cruise that you were on? Plus you got shipboard credit on your future cruise also? Also is it $250.00 pp or total.

Thanx

I didn't book while on the cruise, I had one already booked and was going to use the rewards certificate $250 on that cruise.......but the program fine print states it is for new bookings only. We ended up just going ahead and booking a 2008 cruise and using the certificate for that.

The rewards program/certificate is something you just purchase for $250, and basically you get the $100 onboard credit right then......so basically it's costing you $150 on your shipboard account. Then when you go to book your next cruise they give you $250 off your deposit for that cruise.

The other small benefits are ok, but we won't be using the pre or post hotel.......so wasn't beneficial to us.

My husband and I both purchased the $250 package.........but the fine print again says you can only use one per cabin when doing your next booking.

We were on the Dawn July15th. We bought the $250 future cruise deposit. We came home and used the $250 for the deposit for our May07 Baltic Capitals cruise. This was the ONLY deposit we had to make, usually deposit is $800. They also gave us the $100 OBC while we were on the Dawn. We also got the early debarkation, which was nice in NYC since we needed to get a cab to the airport. This was a good deal for us. We can keep our money in the bank and use NCL's money for our deposit. Hope this helps. Vicki

We were on the Dawn July15th. We bought the $250 future cruise deposit. We came home and used the $250 for the deposit for our May07 Baltic Capitals cruise. This was the ONLY deposit we had to make, usually deposit is $800. They also gave us the $100 OBC while we were on the Dawn. We also got the early debarkation, which was nice in NYC since we needed to get a cab to the airport. This was a good deal for us. We can keep our money in the bank and use NCL's money for our deposit. Hope this helps. Vicki

When I used my certificate for the deposit on our 2008 cruise, I had to pay $550 cash along with informing them of the certificate........so it looks like you got a better deal.

with the future Cruise Credit...do you also recieve a OBC when you book your future cruise...ie like Princess? or do you only recieve the $100.00 OBC for the cruise that you are on when you booked the FC?

Thanx

The $100 OBC is given on the cruise immediately when you purchase the rewards package.

The $50 hotel credit and other perks are for the future cruise booking. Although we did receive the special luggage tags for the original cruise, as well as a cabin amenitiy (plate of chocolate covered strawberries from the program) on the original cruise........and is listed as a perk on the future booking as well.

Archived