Train Livorno To Florence

Can someone tell me what services are aboard the train from Livorno to Florence. Is there a snack bar or a bathroom on the train. In looking at the schedule, it appears the only trains on this route are designated as Regional Rail. Any help would be appreciated.

I have been told that there ARE restrooms on board but to bring your own toilet paper as they aren't usually well equipped. I do not know if there is a snack bar on the train. I doubt it... but the source that tells me that there is a restroom actually lives there in Tuscany and has been on the train.

Hope that helps

The trains on this route are generally older with "Italian Air Conditioning" (open windows) although this can vary with the particular train. There are bathrooms (holes in the floor) which are not particularly clean or good smelling, but the price is sure right and the trains do normally run on time. If you want snacks, I suggest you buy them in the train station or bring them from the ship.

Hank

We went to Pisa from Livorno by train in June. I didn't see any facilities on the train either, but the rest rooms & snack-buying opportunities at Livorno station were both very good. The trains are every 30 minutes, so there's no problem if you want to spend some time making sure you're comfortable: the next train will be along in a while.

Livorno seemed to be a quite considerable station, in fact - there were a number of platforms and a lot of facilities.

Archived