NCL Arranged Flights?

star7228

We are booked on a 6/24/07 Alaska cruise aboard the Pearl, and I'm curious about flights. I am shocked at how expensive I am finding flights out to Seattle (of course, I've never flown out there before).

Can I ask what others typically expect to pay? Also, has anyone else used NCL's flight reservations...is that a good deal? Are there alternative airports in Seattle that are cheaper to fly into?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks much!!

I don't think there's anything but SeaTac in the entire area.

As far as cost is concerned, I was pricing a round trip flight from the Left Coast to Honolulu. If I went just through the airlines themselves it was going to be over $700. NCL's website was a bit over $400.

Hi, we are in the same boat, flying in to Miami from west coast the week before superbowl (Jan 27th) for cruise on Jewel and flying out on Superbowl Sunday! NCL air was cheaper by about $150 a person and we are paying for 6 of us, so it added up. I have no idea what the flights will be like, who they will be on or times, but they are flying us in the night before our cruise, so that works well for us. Hopefully, the flights aren't milk runs!

Leah

Rooms are hard to get (as well as very expensive) in Miami the weekend we fly in. I guess that is the same time you are going out. We are flying down on the morning of the cruise. Have done that before and never had a problem.

Charles

2-96 Sovereign of the Seas

2-97 Norwegian Crown

2-98 Norwegian Wind

2-02 Monarch of the Seas

2-03 Norwegian Sun

2-04 Norwegian Sky

3-05 Norwegian Spirit

2-06 Norwegian Star

2-07 Norwegian Pearl

We're flying from Montreal to Miami on January 5, 2006 for our cruise on the Pearl. I booked NCL air at 388 USD (approx 430 CAD x 4). If we book ourselves, we're looking at about 600 CAD each for a direct flight on AA. That's crazy! :eek:

We hope we get a direct flight from NCL, but we'll take what we get and save our money for excursions...

Bobby - that is a really good airfare rate with NCL!!! We are paying $688 each, taxes in canadian, for our airfare from Vancouver to Miami at the end of January. To book it on our own flights were about $800 plus tax, etc., so we are very pleased with the price. Just hopeful we don't end up with 5 stops along the way... tee hee... The problem we have is that we live on Vancouver Island, a 2 hour ferry ride from Vancouver and that means if we have an early flight out of YVR, then we have to stay in a hotel in Vancouver the night before.... if we have a later flight out of YVR, then we'll arrive in Miami very late due to the time change, so either way, we won't know until a couple months before. I am a planner and it's hard not knowing, but oh well, trying to go with the flow!!! Happy cruising everyone!

Leah

I meant January 2007 for the Pearl...

Last March for our Jewel cruise we booked our own air on AA for about 450 CAD. They were direct flights and we flew down the day of departure. I was surprised that they still had pretty cheap flights for mid-March when I booked in January. Maybe I lucked out!

We've booked a last-minute cruise (January is too far away!) for September 10th on the Spirit - it's the 6-day Florida/Bahamas. We didn't book for the destinations - we just need to relax for a week! We'll drive to NYC and park at the dock. It just seems too much of a hassle to get to the airport at 4am and wait for two hours, plus the restrictions, taxi fares etc...It's a 6-hour drive from Montreal, so it's not too bad! Road Trip!:D

Archived