Port of Miami Hotels-help..!

We will be cruising to Miami in Oct. and leaving a day earlier. Need help with obtaining a Hotel, not expensive but near the Port of Miami where our wonderful ship will be waiting for us to Board. I have read on these posts that a lot of folks have had good luck with Priceline, but hesitant as we don't know what we will get. Any suggestions, comments, etc. Thanks to all.

If you bid on a 3* or higher in the "Downtown" section, you cannot go wrong.

Check out BurBunny's (Amber's) highly informative wwebsite, biddingfun.com for very detailed info on what hotels you might win.

Thank you both for your "quick replies"...I guess that is what we will do and go through Priceline. I do wonder why they simply don't list what hotels they may assign you...cause once you have given the your Credit Card info. there is no turning back. You are stuck with what they gave you. I have heard nothing but good reviews on them however.:)

Not sure what it costs, but since you're going to spend the night in Miami, you might as well enjoy its uniqueness & stay in South Beach. There's a Marriott down around 1st or 2nd that is great (haven't stayed there but enjoy lunch there). They're right on the beach with a good view of the cargo ships anchored waiting to come in to port & the cruise ships as they leave. It's a great location for walking around the deco district, is across from a couple of lovely deco hotels, is a few blocks away from Joe's Stone Crabs & a TGIF (as well as all the other eateries in SoBe). I'd highly recommend staying in South Beach if you can--there's literally nowhere else in the world like it. (I'm lucky enough to have someone who lives there.)

Ok, just Googled on it. It's called the South Beach Marriott at 161 Ocean Dr. Info says it's betwee $99-125, & it does look as tho you can book thru Expedia. Not sure if Priceline handles it.

Not sure the cost now cause it was back in March, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Miami, accross the street for the Bayside Market. It took us a few mintues to get to the pier by shuttle that cost us 4.00 per person.

Our room was facing the Bayside Market and the Pier, we sat for such a long time pre and post cruise watching the ships come in and go out.

Loved this place

Judi

My sister and I are going to Miami a day early, for a cruise in Nov. We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Marina Park on Biscayne Blvd. Right across from Bayside Market Place and very near the pier. We booked our room for 76.00. Don't know if you can get this cheaper or not. We weren't familiar with these boards at the time. Since then, we have heard about priceline. We booked right through the Holiday Inn......phone is 305-371-4400. Once you get all these extra arrangements done you can sit back and relax!...We are now looking for a Day Room in Ft. Lauderdale.....as our flight doesn't leave until 7:45 pm!.....Have had quite a time finding one.....but whatever we do......I know it will be fun!.....Enjoy your cruise!...Nightingail.

I knew I could count on all of you wonderful and experienced cruisers. All the information you have given me!...someone at work also mentioned Hotels.com and they show nice pictures of the hotels but some of them are just darn too expensive. Just looking for one night. Probably will go through Priceline but we are thinking......is it too early to book?...As 2 of the posters suggested, will probably offer $35.00 for a Downtown Miami Hotel and see if they accept. That Holiday Inn sure sounds tempting and its across the street from Bayside, what a loverly place!..Thanks to all.

Hi Nightingale --- I don't know if you saw it but I finally got around to posting a bunch of links to hotels, retaurants, activities, tourist attractions in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area on the other thread.... here's a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=45669

Maybe there will be info on hotels that offer day rooms. I remember in May, we got a day room at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel for the Air & Sea Show and it cost us $160 - a full nights rate and we were there for 4 hours....I'm sure if you check around, you will find something. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!!

I am also in the process of lookin for a hotel in Mia for Oct...we will actually be there for 2 days b4 our cruise...I was actually leanin twrds a Marriott so I appreciate tht info on the southbeach one...thnks u all for the hlp

We got the Hyatt for $27 in March 2003 and the hotel was nice especially at that price. The Holiday Inn is steps across from Bayside and has a wonderful view of Biscayne Bay but not as good at the HOtel Intercontinental's view! But, if you are staying just for one night, Priceline is the way to go. I believe that many people are still getting bids for $35 or so for downtown hotels. From the Hyatt we could walk to Bayside but at night, you need to take a cab. The hotel restaurant is expensive so go elsewhere for meals. Bayside has several restaurants and a food court.

:) My Goodness!...ALL of you are so informative. I am so glad I asked you guys for advice. I just got finished booking yet another Carnival cruise but this one is in Feb.:D ..question: do any of you think its way to early to try with Priceline on a Hotel prior to the cruise???..for just one night, for Feb?? We always like to leave ONE day ahead to avoid any problems. I checked out the link provided by MartiniMama and yes, it had a lot of suggestions there on what to do in Ft. Lauderdale. After getting off a cruise ship tho'..I would like to just relax on a beach or hotel's pool prior to my early flight the next day. Thanks to all.

Thanks Martinimama......I have checked out some of those sites....so much to do.....and so little time! Now, can you or someone else suggest the best way for us to get from Ft Lauderdale airport to the Holiday Inn Port of Miami?..Do we need to make arrangements ahead of time or are there plenty of choices? Our plane gets in at 6:15 pm and we will need to go that evening.....Thanks.....Nightingail.

Hey Nightingale, You're right there is alot to do and it's hard to imagine having the energy to do much after a cruise but for the energetic....it's here! As far as getting from the airport, I never really have to deal with that so I don't know for sure but I'd suggest checking out the airport link I included -- they have all the transportation options listed. My guess would be either a taxi (probably expensive) or the Super Shuttle (the blue minivans that are in most cities.) Maybe someone else has a suggestion???? :D

quote:

Ok, just Googled on it. It's called the South Beach Marriott at 161 Ocean Dr. Info says it's betwee $99-125, & it does look as tho you can book thru Expedia. Not sure if Priceline handles it.

Stayed at the Marriott South Beach back in March. I have only seen that hotel below $200.00 a night a few times. The price back in March was over $300.00 a night plus $21.00 a night to park my car. It is a great hotel and the location cannot be beat.

For close to the port, the Holiday Inn will be the least expensive if you book directly with a hotel. The location is also great.

Great News!...I went through Priceline and got the Downtown Marriott for $56.00. Heads up: If you are planning on being in Miami from Jan. 29, 2005 through Jan. 31, 2005...that's when they are having the Miami Triatholon and most of the hotels are taken. I so wished for the Holiday Inn but when I called them directly they told me about the triatholon and they were completely sold out.

Nightingail- We always fly into Ft. Lauderdale, even if the ship is in Miami cause is much lower cost for air-fare. this is what we do to get to Miami: When you pick up your bags and go right outside, there will be a small stand, which is for a shared limo. You don't really get a "limo" but a van or a Towncar. You share this with one or two couples, some singles and the ride all the way to the Port of Miami should only be about $15.00. We have done this many, many times in the past and the price is reasonable and well worth it. Good Luck. LL2

HDawson- SUPER!..that's just what we want to hear. I called the Hotel myself afterwards and they they quoted that they are only 8 minutes away from the Port of Miami and that its quite safe, just in case you want to stroll around in the evening. Now DH wants to stay a day or two extra in Fort Lauderdale. Now I have to do it again.:eek: ...wonder what I will end up with this time. Would love to stay by the beach and just Lounge like a Lizard!...LL2

Archived