Holland America Cruise on Marriott points?

CruiseAddict58

We're booked for the Veendam for the Feb 18th Western Caribbean cruise. No problem booking and upgrading. Did have to call to get a receipt (my proof that we were booked). We called in June and had no problelm, but when we called in May they did tell us to wait until June. We've accumulated the points for years, and jokingly one day I said to DH "I wonder if Marriott does cruises". What a suprise to see they did!

I try to get at least a 1% return on Marriott points, so at 360,000 points for a 10-day Northern Europe or Mediterranean cruise for 2, it's a good deal to me if the cruise would cost at least $3600. However, I can usually get better use out of the points by using them for pricey hotels - like the ones you might stay in pre and post-cruise in Europe, or transferring them to an airline for free plane tickets to Europe.

I agree keeping the points for hotel stays. You can also use them with Ritz-Carlton!

We are booked on the Westerdam October 22nd using our Marriott Reward points. It costs us 200,000 points and then we upgraded to an SC (Aft Verandah Cabin 5186) for a small amount. It has been very easy to book the trip and HAL has been incredibly easy to deal with. We also used Airtran points for r/t tickets.

This is our first cruise and we are hoping to turn this into an annual event!

We are booked on the Westerdam October 22nd using our Marriott Reward points. It costs us 200,000 points and then we upgraded to an SC (Aft Verandah Cabin 5186) for a small amount. It has been very easy to book the trip and HAL has been incredibly easy to deal with. We also used Airtran points for r/t tickets.

This is our first cruise and we are hoping to turn this into an annual event!

Wow, how were you lucky enough to get the corner cabin with the wraparound deck? I'm impressed!

We were on the Westerdam last April using Marriott points and we were in a VA aft cabin. We loved the aft cabin and would book one again. Sitting out on the veranda watching the wake of the ship was so relaxing. We already have our next cruise booked for March, again using Marriott points.

Have a great cruise.

Regards,

Arlene

Wow, how were you lucky enough to get the corner cabin with the wraparound deck? I'm impressed!

We were on the Westerdam last April using Marriott points and we were in a VA aft cabin. We loved the aft cabin and would book one again. Sitting out on the veranda watching the wake of the ship was so relaxing. We already have our next cruise booked for March, again using Marriott points.

Have a great cruise.

Regards,

Arlene

You know, I literally called and asked for it. It was actually the 3rd room change we made (GG to VA to SC) and each time we got what we wanted. Not sure if there is a lot of availability or what, but we simply asked and received! :)

Archived