jogging in copenhagen

Balliett

From the tivoli-danhostel-marriott area, jog across the H.C. Anderson Bridge and turn left in a block or two. This park area has wide paths with several safe-looking two mile loops you can string together, and no way to get lost, with the tallest Radisson-SAS building usually in sight. Portapots and small concession area on the east side of the park.

Marriott Hotel has free coffee, bottles of water and towels for joggers early in the morning, in the lobby. I assume it is meant for joggers actually staying in the hotel. Marriott also recommends a longer jog (6 miles) out to the the Little Mermaid. I tried their map route, but it is out of date, with detours and contruction, not safe (traffic) or fun. You can do your long runs over in that park mentioned above.

Thanks for the copenhagen jogging suggestions. I have been trying to figure out when/where I can fit in my daily runs-onship, ofcourse, but I prefer to run on dry land. Did you manage to sneak in a run anywhere else? Helsinki, perhaps? Thanks.

birdabee. we didn't stop in helsinki, but when we left the ship and checked into the hotel in stockholm, we were given a flier "warning" that it would be a noisy night, as 11000 runners were running at midnight for a 10K. Wow! I was a late entry and "saw" stockholm neighborhoods in a big race. Life is good.

Archived