NCL gay friendly?

Aussie84

Hi,

Ive never cruised overseas before. Im from Australia and have only done a couple of our ones (nothing compared to the ones offered overseas). I was just wondering if NCL is good with treating gay passangers? We are going to Hawaii to go on the Pride of Hawaii at the start of next year.

NCL is a wonderful cruise line! In fact, the only cruise line I have ever heard from friends that wasn't as 'gay friendly' was Carnival. It really had more to do with the passengers then the crew.

Have a wonderful time! Would love to join you on the Hawaiian cruise! What dates are you going?

A couple of the staff of the Pride of Hawaii were training on a cruise we took on NCL last year. They were very gay friendly (heck one of them was very gay LOL)

As much as Bush would like other countries to think that America is a very gay Unfriendly place it really isn't

My partner and I have cruised NCL twice now, and have never had an issue with crew or passengers being unfriendly. I've never been on an NCLA ship, but I cannot see where that could possibly be that different. Have a great cruise!

I am a die hard NCL fan and queer... I LOVE NCL, they are very gay friendly. As a matter of fact, their company stance is that there will be FOD meetings on "every ship, every week". I have sailed 7 times with NCL and have attended countless FOD meetings from the NORWAY to the SPIRIT. Our last long cruise (SPIRIT 11 days) there were 9 FOD meetings I believe. We met about 10 or 12 gay crew members and had a blast with them as well as the large group of passengers that we adopted along the way.

Now, I know this probably never happens often, but the ACD and I got together and threw a party for all the gay passengers (and quite a few crew) that included a happy hour and dinner at Cagney's in the VIP dining room followed by a "club night" at Maharini's. That was a blast!

You should really enjoy NCL.

~Intrepid

We sailed NCLA's Pride of Aloha last year and had such a great time, we plan to return on Pride of Hawaii. They had as least one FOD meeting (several gay crew members attended) but it seems like they were every night. Mostly because we joined a half dozen couples onboard who kept meeting for drinks every night. We'd all find each other in groups all over the ship all week long. The crew was very friendly and we never heard of anyone having a problem.

Oh, I have to tell you...

During the FOD meeting, a couple came into the bar that we thought were lost or oblivious (man and woman). They sat down nearby but separate from the rest of us. Finally one of us went over and talked to them. Turns out they were brother and sister, both gay. It was funny because we all kept looking over wondering if these people knew what was going on. I guess the joke was on us.

I have sailed I do not know how many times on NCL...NCL is I would say with Celebrity the most gay friendly cruise line. On NCL there are FOD meetings as good as every day at prime time at a prime bar...always packed! Celebrity I had 2 a week! NCL is superfiendly and basically they do not care about sexual orientation, they have also lots of gay crew.

So enjoy...

On the Atlantis-chartered cruise in Hawaii a couple years ago, the crew were allowed to attend any of the parties Atlantis threw during the cruise. They did have a 1 o'clock curfew as most of them had to get up early for the next day's work.

A high number of the crew were there & those crew members, who didn't appreciate the atmosphere, were invited to stay in the crew area down in the bowels of the ship. Even the ship's captain made an appearance at a couple of parties.

We have travelled on NCL twice (and in October that will make thrice.)

We have never had a problem on NCL at all with the crew or the guests. There were FOD parties every second day, without anyone having to ask for them. And quite a lot of the crew showed up at the same bars to see who showed up for the FOD parties.

Funny thing... the first cruise on NCL, we were trying to figure out who the friends for Bill W. were and why they managed to get a meeting announced every day! On the second cruise that Bill W. and his friends showed up, we knew something was up and finally asked. Silly us!

We have heard from some of the crew of people showing up at the FOD party because they had a friend named Dorothy. At least I didn't do that for the Friends of Bill W. meeting.

• 6 years later...

I was wondering the same if NCL was gay friendly? However, being on a cruise previously in July 2012, my partner and I traveled to Europe. We took a 8 Day trip on RCCL and i can tell you, it was the best trip, we met a few other gay couples and even adventured out in turkey with one. I am from NY and my partner and I are very masculine, maybe its a NY latin thing LOL we did not have a problem at all. The couple we were with you can tell they were gay. nevertheless, RCCL staff treated us with nothing but respect and we met many cool straight couples. My partner and I are looking into NCCL for a European Cruise again in May, I would like to hear back from other people regarding NCCL, Thanks Lou

Archived