Carnival bathrooms...how bad do they smell?

dansu

I wonder if smelling bathrooms is on Carnival's list of "A million ways to have fun"?[/quote]

I don't know ...but I don't plan for it to be on mine...that's why I asked the question. :D

I have seen several posts referencing Carnival bathrooms, and the necessity to bring an air freshener from home, as they smell. Is this because they don't not have fans installed, or do carnival bathrooms really smell...if so how bad? :confused:

That's absolutely ridiculous. I have never had a bad smelling bathroom on any cruise. Carnival or otherwise. Some people are just neurotic that's all. Just ignore them

I've never smelled sewage but always bring airfreshner for after we go to the bathroom. It is small and not a lot of ventalation. I also bring it to hotel rooms and have one in my bathroom here at the house. I have it packed now for our cruise that leaves in the morning. Yea!! I don't want to leave the bathroom smelling for the person I'm sharing the cabin with and don't care to smell theirs either. Just a personal choice and I am glad on my first cruise my friend brought one.

The worst one I smelled was on the NCL Sun in the Garden Cafe. There are two restrooms by the elevators. You could smell the odor of sewer while sitting down eating. This only happened on one day so they must of had something going on with the system.

Dave

I have seen several posts referencing Carnival bathrooms, and the necessity to bring an air freshener from home, as they smell. Is this because they don't not have fans installed, or do carnival bathrooms really smell...if so how bad? :confused:

I have never had an odor problem in any bathroom on any cruise I have taken. (well at least not in the cabin, some of those public ones can use some help.)

I can't recall smelly any unclean smells... I have however smelled the hint of improvements; aka: new carpet glue.
Nothing like smelling cigarette smoke in an already smelly bathroom. Maybe that is what a prison cell smells like? We will have to ask mrdood that question.

On the Inspiration last week, there was definitely a sewage smell down the hall from us on the Empress deck. You couldn't missi it! It was like that all week! We were just happy that it wasn't where our cabins were. Our own bathroom had a slight smell, but we kept the lid down and the door closed.

One thing that bothered me was that it was quite clear that people were smoking in their cabins. You could smell the smoke a lot.

Nothing like smelling cigarette smoke in an already smelly bathroom. Maybe that is what a prison cell smells like? We will have to ask mrdood that question.

Amazing how you can work that into just about any thread...no matter what the topic.:rolleyes:

OP - Get a can of Ozium at WalMart...the stuff works great.

One thing that bothered me was that it was quite clear that people were smoking in their cabins. You could smell the smoke a lot.

So - it is allowed.:rolleyes:

Amazing how you can work that into just about any thread...no matter what the topic.:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing...

I've never noticed a smell on any of our cruises, but we always keep the lid down. Can't recall anything in the public restrooms, either.

Like someone said above, though, with that many people in that small of a space, there's bound to be some smells.

and I don't think they had fans. I think the reason why air fresheners are on a lot of packing lists is because the air in the cabin can just get a little stale after being in there for a week. And I must say that it was a nice little "burst of freshness" to walk into the sweet-smelling cabin. I now can't smell that scent without feeling a twinge of depression about NOT being on a ship, LOL.

Although we did notice a smell in certain parts of the hallway/s once in a great while (probably only 2-3 times the whole week).

I was thinking the same thing...

I've never noticed a smell on any of our cruises, but we always keep the lid down. Can't recall anything in the public restrooms, either.

Like someone said above, though, with that many people in that small of a space, there's bound to be some smells.

;)

How do you use it then? :p

Good point. I guess with that many people at the feed trough then using and flushing 2000 tiolets on a suction type system might strain the system a little (no pun intended)

It only smells if you breathe in. Actually, the flushing noise is more disconcerting than any (minimal) smell I've ever experienced! :p

ROFLMAO...when we talk about our cruise with the people we went with, someone just has to start the sentence, "Oh, and the toilets..." and we all bust out laughing, picturing the first time we flushed and about burst our eardrums, ROFLMAO. :D :D :D That sure wakes you up if you're stumbling into the bathroom in the middle of the night to go.

I think it really depends. Our first Carnival cruise had such a bad smell in the bathroom that I was complaining to my fiance to try and hit the right spot. It turned out that it was that little drain underneath the sink. Our cabin steward tried to explain the strong deordorizers and how they were not working on that particular cruise. It smelled like a very unclean urinal the whole time. They apologized repeatedly and said that there was nothing they could do. We got a 15% discount on our next cruise. So, believe what you like when people say there is no smell. It depends. Since that cruise, we have never had a smell problem, but that one certainly made up for any lack of smell since.

The beauty of it all is that you should be having such a great time that the bathroom is the least of your concerns. Just make it a quick in and quick out. Have an umbrella drink and enjoy!:D

Archived