Carnival bathrooms...how bad do they smell?

dansu

Along the lines of this thread.....does anyone ever have a problem with the toilets flushing? I have been on 2 RCI and 1CC cruises and on each ship, the toilet would sometimes not flush. It didn't seem to follow a pattern - in port, sea days, morning, evening.

I have smelled faint sewer smells on each ship but the smell really was faint and it only lasted 1-2 seconds.

I bring a Yankee Candle Car Jar in a tropical scent not because of smells but so that our cabin is nice and Caribbean-y.

So what most of you are saying is....your ship don't stink? hehe

LOL!

I've answered this before but...what you are smelling is treated wastewater not sewer smells or toliet smells. The way the plumbing works and the special 'Y' valve on the plumbing on marine heads keeps human waste moving quickly through the plumbing without chance of stalling or hanging around.

Along the lines of this thread.....does anyone ever have a problem with the toilets flushing? I have been on 2 RCI and 1CC cruises and on each ship, the toilet would sometimes not flush. It didn't seem to follow a pattern - in port, sea days, morning, evening.

I have smelled faint sewer smells on each ship but the smell really was faint and it only lasted 1-2 seconds.

I bring a Yankee Candle Car Jar in a tropical scent not because of smells but so that our cabin is nice and Caribbean-y.

What is a Yankee Candle Car Jar....because if it is what it sounds like...aren't candles on the "do not bring aboard" list?

What is a Yankee Candle Car Jar....because if it is what it sounds like...aren't candles on the "do not bring aboard" list?

It is one of those cardboard air fresheners that you hang on the rearview mirror. Like the pine tree ones except it is in the shape of a yankee candle jar and has the scents of their candles. They have a really good strong smell. I have used them in the car but never thought of using it on a cruise but it is a good idea and takes up so little space. I might pack one of them next time. I get them at Cracker Barrel.

It is one of those cardboard air fresheners that you hang on the rearview mirror. Like the pine tree ones except it is in the shape of a yankee candle jar and has the scents of their candles. They have a really good strong smell. I have used them in the car but never thought of using it on a cruise but it is a good idea and takes up so little space. I might pack one of them next time. I get them at Cracker Barrel.

Thanks... I'll have to google to see if they are sold in Canada. If not, on the advice of the majority of the previous posts, I will pack a Glade solid.

...And to Suzy1212, you can get candles for the car. They are in glass jars, which you keep in the glove box. You would light it if you break done in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of winter. Apparently they will keep you from freezing to death. We keep them in both of our cars, as both my husband and my son spend a lot of time on the highway during our winter months. Couldn't tell you if it works...and may I never have to find out!

1st time cruising

Just got off the Miracle on Aug 13th....Our bathroom had a vent above the toilet that continuously sucked air. If you put your hand up to it you could really feel the vacuum. Our bathroom never smelled.

Diddo! I just got off the Glory on the 12th. I could feel a vacuum coming from the bathroom vent. It never did smell.

Yes, we did notice a urine smell in the cabin bathroom until I cleaned the area around the toilet with my disinfectant wipes. Also we noticed that the public washrooms in the common areas always had a terrible smell that we couldn't pinpoint exactly what the smell was.

We've been on 2 Princess cruises, 2 Royal Caribbean and one Celebrity cruise and never noticed any smell with the bathrooms prior to our first Carnival cruise on Pride.

Hopefully, Carnival will pay a little more attention to cleaning the bathrooms.

Archived