Soda Card

howard6933

For those who've been on the Jewel........is there a soda card available for adults? If so, what are the details?? ;)

Available to purchase in advance or on the ship.....

Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup

* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Adult Soda Program.

Prepaid @ $5.75 per day per person x Cruise days

Unlimited Fountain Soda

The entire cruise must be purchased

Non-Refundable.

*you don't have to carry the cup around, they actually put a sticker on your cabin card and you just show your card to get the sodas. They may not even provide you with the cup anymore.........Sodas are limited COKE products and are fountain sodas.

On the star the price is $40.25, what a bargin. It was only available on the ship.

That's the price for a 7 day cruise. The soda package is listed under the bonvoyage gift section at ncl.com here...

http://ncl.com/more/bon_voyage_list.htm

Here's the advance order information: Since it's the same price as on the ship it might be easier to just sign for it on the ship.

To order...

All orders should be submitted to our Ship Coordinator Dept. at least 2 weeks prior to the sailing.

By Phone:

1(800) 327-7030

By Fax:

(305) 436-4147

By Mail:

Norwegian Cruise Line

Attn: Cash Application Department

7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, FL 33126

pdf_small.gif Download our Order Form to send it by fax or mail.

WOW! NCL makes a killing off their Cokes. Yikes $40.25 I saw where someone posted that their husband actually came out ahead on the soda card..(jmo I highly doubt that) ..Even if you avg 1 soda per hour the entire trip NCL would still make a killing. - If you could drink an avg of three 16oz cokes per hour for 7 days....NCL would still be at the break even point...and you would really only be helping them even more because the more gallons they sell the more rebate dollars they make. BTW that would be a total of 576 oz a day or 4.5 gallons a day....LOL at the end of the trip 4032 oz and 31.5 gallons of soda....as you can see what a killing they make.

Even if you avg 1 soda per hour the entire trip NCL would still make a killing... - LOL at the end of the trip 4032 oz and 31.5 gallons of soda....as you can see what a killing they make.

I am really confused with your math!

According to what I have read on the forum, soda is $1.25 per glass, $1.75 per 12 oz can. You would only have to drink about 32 sodas during the entire week to recoup your $40.25 investment into the soda card. That works out to 4 or 5 sodas a day. For me, not worth it. For my teenaged son, TOTALLY worth it!

My question is this: do they give you soda with your dinners free of charge or do you pay extra for them with meals also? If I have to pay for a soda with every meal, then I would consume at least 4 a day.

You pay for sodas at breakfast, lunch, and dinner too, just like you do at McDonalds. Coffee, water, tea, and cappuccino are free at the restaurants.

I am really confused with your math!

According to what I have read on the forum, soda is $1.25 per glass, $1.75 per 12 oz can. You would only have to drink about 32 sodas during the entire week to recoup your $40.25 investment into the soda card. That works out to 4 or 5 sodas a day. For me, not worth it. For my teenaged son, TOTALLY worth it!

My math is based knowing what Cruise lines pay for product because I work for Coca-Cola in South Fl.....What I said was someone said that their DH drank so much that NCL was in the hole with them...as you can see with my math that would be close to impossible.

My math is based knowing what Cruise lines pay for product because I work for Coca-Cola in South Fl.....What I said was someone said that their DH drank so much that NCL was in the hole with them...as you can see with my math that would be close to impossible.

You are allowed to bring aboard all the water and soda you want, so you could really save $.......but it's really the convienience factor that you are paying for.

WOW! NCL makes a killing off their Cokes. Yikes $40.25 I saw where someone posted that their husband actually came out ahead on the soda card..(jmo I highly doubt that) ..Even if you avg 1 soda per hour the entire trip NCL would still make a killing. - If you could drink an avg of three 16oz cokes per hour for 7 days....NCL would still be at the break even point...and you would really only be helping them even more because the more gallons they sell the more rebate dollars they make. BTW that would be a total of 576 oz a day or 4.5 gallons a day....LOL at the end of the trip 4032 oz and 31.5 gallons of soda....as you can see what a killing they make.

It's funny that you would say that. I can EASILY drink 2 to 3 44 oz diet pops a day. And if I'm going to any fast food place to buy them, then it would be at least $4.50 a day. And that's rural oregon prices - not cruise ship.

I'd hate to see what my bill looked like if I didn't prepay all those sodas......

to clear up the confusion...the card is a deal if your drink a lot of soda...but only based on what they charge per individual soda. the profit margin is insane as the guy with the math demonstrated. the cost per gallon of soda is a small fraction of what they charge us suckers.

OH!! I see what you are saying now. Wow, that is pretty eye-opening!

Sorry for my previous misunderstanding.

It's funny that you would say that. I can EASILY drink 2 to 3 44 oz diet pops a day. And if I'm going to any fast food place to buy them, then it would be at least $4.50 a day. And that's rural oregon prices - not cruise ship.

I'd hate to see what my bill looked like if I didn't prepay all those sodas......

remember you are putting ice in those drinks. On avg if you drink a 44oz soda there is only about 20-22 oz of soda in them.

If you take a 32oz cup and fill it up with ice (most do this) them pour a 20oz bottle coke in it...you will have about 4-5 oz left in the 20oz coke...that is why I always say half soda half ice.

...or you can just request "no ice" and get more soda (or just order a little ice and get two sodas - doesn't really matter when you prepay for the week). I'm a big diet soda drinker and the $40 is worth it. If I were to pack soda for the trip, I would need another suitcase (or two).

I'm happy enough with the free espresso - this makes up for the soda cost. (Maybe a little too much caffeine in my system, or what)

Hey! It's vacation time, why sweat the small stuff?

Too funny :D Almost can tell from where anyone is by the Soda Or Pop references!!!! Transplanted midwesterner to the East coast...had to stop calling soda, pop. Er....whatever!:p Just tickled my funny bone...nothing to add to this thread. Had to comment. Sorry ;)

Too funny :D Almost can tell from where anyone is by the Soda Or Pop references!!!! Transplanted midwesterner to the East coast...had to stop calling soda, pop. Er....whatever!:p Just tickled my funny bone...nothing to add to this thread. Had to comment. Sorry ;)

Actually I call all dark sodas Coke....Everything in the south is usually called coke, even if its pepsi. Kinda Strange I guess.

Archived