Sleep Inn in Dania

Cruiser1976

Walgreens adjoins the hotel parking lot. Across the street is a Publix Supermarket with a number of smaller stores in thestrip mall. Great hotel, 1.5 miles east is Hollywood Beach, one of the nicest beaches in SoFla.

Bequia, Since you live in the area and have been A great help.... Can You help with this.....

We will be staying at this sleep Inn also in November and will be there for Thanksgiving..... Would you happen to know of or can recommend any good Restaurants that may be open besides An Outback type fare in the area? Like steaks just not Outback......We are looking for A place that may have A decent menu or special menu for thanksgiving dinner or A unique type with alot of different menu items, But something that won't break the bank either...... We will have our own car and will be able to drive almost anywhere in the Fort Lauderdale area.....

Thanks for any info you can come up with................

I know you asked this question, but can I pop in? I would reccommend Tropical Acres on Griffin rd. Just West of I-95. Its been there for years (40). They serve a great thansgiving dinner as well as great steaks. My favorite is the Petite Filet mignon.

Lindanick,

Of course you can pop in, All are welcome to suggest any good places and from what I understand you too know the area.... Like your Idea this maybe the type of place we are looking for, Love filet Mignon and an array of other choices may satisfy the others in our group... Thanks for the heads up.... Much appreciated....

I'll second Tropical Acres, 10 minutes from the Sleep Inn, been around since the 40's. Great food, reasonable. They have a great selection of premium vodkas if your into martinis. ;)

Bequia, Thanks for the endorsement on the Tropical Acres, We will be giving it serious thought and yes A good Martini may be in order too:D

You both have been such A great help not only to me, But to the CC Boards and want too Thank You for taking the time to answer questions like these, with that said...

Do either of you have any other recommendations for A Restaurant in the area that will be open for Thanksgiving? I would like our group of about 6 to have A choice....

What about Ruth Chris , Or Jackson's Steak house, or others I have seen posted by you Bequia? Are any of these worthy of going too or too pricey?

We already have Friday picked out and will be The Rustic Inn As we have been there once before and have great garlic crabs...... Been about 4 yrs ago though.....

Consider Satine's or Hollywood Prime (pricey but very good) at the Westin Diplomat Hotel

http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels.com/westin_diplomat/so.aqf?PS=PS_aa_Google_diplomat_resort_022406_NAD_FM

Giorgios on the water just minutes from your hotel and next door our favorite gathering spot Taverna Opa .

http://www.tavernaoparestaurant.com/ .

My choice would be Taverna Opa, good food, good fun. ;)

Hi, I just stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania. Here's my thoughts,

Port Shuttle, Make sure you put you name on the list at check in and this shuttle also runs to the airport. The airport runs on the hour every hour.

Breakfast- I love the waffles, if not they had the round eggs, oatmeal and typical breakfast assortment.

Restaurants-across the street was a real good Italian place, their is also Pancho's backyard, and a chinese place. We only got to try the Italian. You need a car to get other places, Since we arrived by shuttle and only stayed one night, I didn't get to see to much else in the area. Oh... if you want a menu ask the desk clerk.

In room movies were $9.99. The only disappointment was the pool. It was warm but looked like the filter was running so it was a bit dirty. After you get off the ship with crystal clear water, it was hard to even think about swimming in this pool. They did have a hot tub. The pool area had pool towels laying around from the day before.

The rest of the hotel was clean and neat. I would rate it a 3 star hotel. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived