Availability of Wheelchairs at Canada Place???

cdnscrapper

I sometimes have a mobility problem and was wondering if there are wheelchairs available at Canada Place for embarkation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will not need one but............... Also is it a long walk from where the shuttle drops you off to the ship?

Thanks so much for any info

The chairs that I have seen inside seem to belong to the cruise lines and attended by their staff. I think you could have your TA arrange that without problem.

The distance from drop off to ship is really not all that long a walk BUT..you stand in a line to get rid of your bags..you walk inside to line up again for security..and then shuffle through to the line for your cruiseline check in and then a line and walk for Immigration if needed...and then the longest walk through to the dreaded boarding picture...unless you like that stuff :) and along the gangways to the ship..a two or three turn sloping contraption.

If there is any doubt in your mind about walking....arrange in advance for a chair.

The walk from immigration to the ship varies a bit depending on which cruiseline and ship you are goin g on.

cdnscrapper,

Yes, wheelchairs and assistance are available for embarkation and debarkation. Call Celebrity at 1-800-242-6374 and press 3 for Spedial Needs Department (free call).

Also you can call Special Needs Department at 305-539-4492 (not a free call). If you are on a group booking you may have to ask your TA to do the calling.

Have used it for DW on several occasions. It is very helpful to have someone to push the wheelchair while I handle the carryons.

Here for more info: http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000zsXakqZgv6wrpoUrLkYxjUu:1051tg5ge?faqSubjectName=Special+Needs%2C+Medical%2FPhysical&pagename=faq_questions

Thank you so very much LeftcoastBC and CaliforniaDreamin for the info - just finished talking with Celebrity's special needs dept and all will be fine for both embarkation in Vancouver and disembarking in San Franciso. Now just hoping for good weather so we can actually see Alaska. :)

Archived