Just Back From Pride Of Hawaii 8/14-8/21

cruise__junkie

Hey all! Just came back from our POH cruise yesterday. It was a great cruise overall and we stumbled upon very few problems. The islands are all very beautiful and there's so much to see. I think the ship is still somewhat understaffed, but it doesn't show as much as it might have earlier. The only problems we did come across was slow service in the main dining rooms(Alizar and Grand Pacific, although I think it depends on how experienced your waiter is because one night we were served very quickly at a peak hour) and that we were once turned away from the Blue Lagoon at 4:30 when it was scheduled to close at 5:00. Our cabins were made up every morning and turned down every night, so there were no problems there. The ship is beautiful and the food was excellent in all of the restaurants except Papa's. I'm still a bit exhausted so I'll probably put up a full review within the next couple days. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask away! :)

Thanks for posting! Glad to hear you had an overall positive experience. Looking forward to reading the longer review. Going on POH at the end of September and am absorbing as much advice as possible to make our cruise the best it can be.

aloha and mahalo,

Sorry the review is taking so long! I don't have as much time on my hands as I thought I would, but I'll try to get it up as soon as I can.

As far as entertainment goes during the day and stuff to do at night, it was pretty good. They always had demonstrations and what not during the day and at night there was always the year themed dances up at the Spinnaker(which turned into a night club right after) and Karaoke at Medusa. The shows I found to be OK. On RCCL, there was always a headline show, so I was used to going to those every night. On this cruise there was only 3 main shows, Elements Of Illusion(magic), the oldies/classic rock show, and the Broadway show. The main singers I found to be mediocre, but it was mostly the male singers who weren't up to par. The dancers were all very good though. Well as I said, any more questions, feel free to ask!

Taylor,

Sorry I we didn't meet on the 8/14 POH cruise.

We are early diners so we never had problems with access or service.

Our servers ranged from a recent grad working a 5month shift to make some money to help pay for Med school to a older gent that had worked on many other cruise lines, had completed his term and was heading home to his family the day we left.

I had more problems with simple mistakes with rental car staff than anything on the ship.

We loved Cagneys and also enjoyed the swordfish at Papa's.

See ya,

Chuck

Taylor,

Sorry I we didn't meet on the 8/14 POH cruise.

We are early diners so we never had problems with access or service.

Our servers ranged from a recent grad working a 5month shift to make some money to help pay for Med school to a older gent that had worked on many other cruise lines, had completed his term and was heading home to his family the day we left.

I had more problems with simple mistakes with rental car staff than anything on the ship.

We loved Cagneys and also enjoyed the swordfish at Papa's.

See ya,

Chuck

Archived