booking onboard for others

IMNiles

I'm sailing in a few weeks and want to make sure I book my next cruise to get the onboard credit, but although I'm alone on this next sailing, the next one is with a group and I would like to know :

Can I also book rooms for them and also (by extension) get them the onboard-booking onboard credit, or must they be present on the sailing? I am booking multiple cabins on one sailing, not just random bookings.

Thanks!

(If anyone happens to remember the standard credit amounts that would save me trying to search for them. ;) )

I can't believe nobody else has tried this. Is the consensus that I can book my cabin plus one other? Is the credit for an inside 50 or 100? Does it vary by C&A status? Finally, Can I book only RCCL, or can I also book celebrity?

Thanks!

I'm sailing in a few weeks and want to make sure I book my next cruise to get the onboard credit, but although I'm alone on this next sailing, the next one is with a group and I would like to know :

Can I also book rooms for them and also (by extension) get them the onboard-booking onboard credit, or must they be present on the sailing? I am booking multiple cabins on one sailing, not just random bookings.

Thanks!

(If anyone happens to remember the standard credit amounts that would save me trying to search for them. ;) )

I was going to book my parents on a Celebrity ship when I was on the Legend and was told they would not receive the OBC since the cruise was not for me.

I can't believe nobody else has tried this. Is the consensus that I can book my cabin plus one other? Is the credit for an inside 50 or 100? Does it vary by C&A status? Finally, Can I book only RCCL, or can I also book celebrity?

Thanks!

We booked our cabin plus another one. The credit is for the length of the cruise; $50 for short cruises; $100 for 6-7 days up to, I think it is 9 days; $200 for 10 days and up. (Someone please correct me if I got the number of days wrong.)

It doesn't vary for C&A status.

You can book Celebrity as well as RCCL; since they are owned by the same company, they have reciprocity. Your C&A status on the lines is matched, but cruises are not combined for the 2 lines.

Thanks so much for the replies so far! The score as I count is one person got the credit for both cabins (on the appropriate cabin, of course - I don't want to snatch BOTH credits - I just want to book for my friends who are not on board), and the other person did not. Also it seems that you CAN get obc if you book celebrity-on-rccl.

Any other experiences?

Just off the Mariner. I booked cabins for the 15 night Brillance transatlantic for Dec 07. During my first session, I booked for myself, and a friend, did them as separate booking so as to not screw things up if the friend had to cancel. I paid the deposit for both on my CC. The booking summary sheet for each shows a $200 cruise credit. Later in the week I got an email from another interested friend and went back and booked a 3rd cabin for her - same deal. My Loyalty Ambassador, Lynn, acted like this was normal procedure.

While on the Adventure we booked for the following year on the Mariner for ourselves and for 3 other couples ( not with us on the AOS) and all 4 cabins received the on-board credit of $100.

Cindy ;)

yes, you can book for others and yourself. You can also put the deposit amount on their credit cards if you bring their information with you!!! Otherwise, you will have to put the full deposit amount down for all cabins on your own card. ( not a problem for some... but maybe for others).

We booked a total of 6 cabins on our last cruise for our upcoming cruise on the freedom!!!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I am on Radiance right now, and the loyalty ambassador says I can get the credit only on my own cabin and no others. I will ask her again when I have my appointment on Wednesday, but that would be a bummer. Anyone get this to work specifically on Radiance?

Thanks

FYI, I am on Radiance right now, and the loyalty ambassador says I can get the credit only on my own cabin and no others. I will ask her again when I have my appointment on Wednesday, but that would be a bummer. Anyone get this to work specifically on Radiance?

Thanks

Be a name-dropper and mention that the people on Cruise Critic have done this. :D

i'm trying to talk my dh into booking cruise for oct 2007, while we are on our upcoming cruise in about 4 weeks. how much deposit, if any, is required at booking? its a 9 night cruise, so does that mean we will get a total of $200 OBC?

thanks in advance.

Last October I booked 3 cabins for a cruise for this November. I could only get OBC for my cabin, as the other cruisers were not onboard at the time of booking. I tried really, really, really hard to get the LA to give me the credit for all the cabins, but all I was able to squeeze out of him was an aqua mouse pad and some souvenier post cards for each person on the future cruise! :)

We booked three cabins for Freedom OTS while onboard Mariner, and received the onboard credit on all three cabins.

Have known others who have booked cabins for themselves and others while onboard, and have received shipboard credits on each booking. Don't know why the Loyalty Ambassador on Radiance is not allowing this.

For ncdazz - deposits required are

1-5 night cruises $100 PP

6-9 night cruises $250 PP

10 nights and longer $450 PP

For IMNiles - please say HI to Tonyt (san) if you see him! Tell him to have a drink for all of his friends!

rita

Archived