AOS from San Juan on 3 Sept

You are on an awesome itinerary!! We did that route and loved it.

My recommendations for the islands are (we are Beach people so all my recommendations center around that):

St. Thomas: Either do Trunks Bay (can do on your own) or The Bob. If you would like to do the BOB, make sure that you book ASAP or once you get on the ship, as it limited capacity and sells out quick. The BOB gets rave reviews.

St. Maarten: Orient Beach Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! One of my favorite islands!

Antigua: Pineapple Beach Resort (on your own). Awesome, Awesome, Awesome beach. We took a taxi and got day passes. I would go back in a minute and stay FOREVER!

St. Lucia: Try Reduit Beach. It is next to Sandals. Again you can get a taxi and arrange for the driver to pick you up at a designated time. (Pay him when he picks you up....not before)

Barbados: We got in a Taxi and toured the island for next to nothing and then went to Malibu Beach. The water was breathtaking. If you want to book a ship excursion make sure that you do it ASAP because they do fill up. ( I know that the swim w/ turtles filled up quickly. Upon embarking, there were no slots left for any of the more popular excurisons...so book now)

As you are now 10 days out of your cruise, you may not be able to book any more ship excursions on-line. I would suggest that if you have your heart set on any that you book them as soon as you get on board at either your excurison desk or on your Cabin TV.

Also, if you want to see what some of the island look like, go to www.webshots.com and put the island name in your search. You can also include Adventure of the Seas in your search along with the Island name to get a "flavor" of what past cruisers have experienced.

If I can be of any more assistance, let me know....I can talk and type for days:p You will love the AOS.

Hi Beachdiamonds,

Belated Thank you for sharing your excursion experiences.

By any chance have you spent any time in San Juan? We are staying there for 2 nights before the cruise departs.

We are thinking of maybe seeing the rainforest.

Any thoughts or experiences to share?

Input from all welcomed!!

Buckeye...We are going on the AOS in March and now checking airfare to San Juan. We live in Dayton but it looks like the cheaper fares are out of Columbus. Can you share with us what airlines you are flying and the lowest price you were able to get? How far ahead did you book? Thanks!

Just to let you know, I'm going on AOS next July, and I was able to score tickets to San Juan from Columbus for $303pp. I could have gotten them for as little as $278 I believe, but since we're flying in the day of, I had to have specific times which brought the price up a little bit. I believe they are still running the same deal for flights from now until at least mid-July by now. I reserved the tickets on August 15th (basically as soon as they were available for out dates) so I did have that advantage. BTW, we're flying AA on the way down there, and Delta on the way up.

I hope you are able to get a good deal!

Archived