Luggage suggestions

missyal

Does anyone have a favorite line of luggage or suggestions for sturdy, lightweight luggage? I know with the weight restrictions now it helps if the luggage starts off light.:D I appreciate any thoughts here. I have to pack for 4 people for 16 days in Europe!

Thanks.

Missyal

There have recently been some great threads on this subject - all about style, colors, decorating them to find them, brands, etc. Do a search (top of home page) and just put in luggage. You will get so much great info all at one time. :D gg

Does anyone have a favorite line of luggage or suggestions for sturdy, lightweight luggage? I know with the weight restrictions now it helps if the luggage starts off light.:D I appreciate any thoughts here. I have to pack for 4 people for 16 days in Europe!

Thanks.

Missyal

I found some great duffles bags by Hey's called Fly-Light on ebag.com they are light weight 8lbs., great bright colors, I think they will work very well for our cruise + Tuscany trip for a total of 20 days. Hope this helps. Shirley

Thanks GG--I tried a search before without much luck but I'll give it another try.:D

OK Sweetie - here ya go : pg. 1 on "Holland America Line"

pg. 2 on "1st Time Cruisers"

Both threads have some really great info on luggage

:) gg

What's the maximum size luggage that can be carried on flights? Other than weight of 50 lbs, what's the maximum size dimensions for luggage that can be checked baggage on flights?

Depends on the airline. If you go to the website of the airline you are flying it will list the dimensions allowed for both carry-on and checked luggage.

I just want to share my best luggage. It is the extra large LL Bean duffel bags on wheels. They expand when filled to an enormous size, and give lots of side areas to stuff things. When empty, it is flat. LL Bean stands by its products, and if it rips...they will replace it. It comes in fun colors, and has smaller sizes available also.

I personally like Pathfinder luggage. Last I knew you could get it in black cherry, kinda a demin blue, and a pretty silver color. I have the set of black cherry. It has survived quite a bit of abuse. It is soft-sided, yet it has this really tough, durable polycarbonate plastic surrounding it which makes it reallly nice. Even with the plastic, it is extremely light-weight.

Thanks dz and Erin--I will look into those. I actually liked some luggage I saw at the Timberland store. That is in the running with siome others I've been looking at. Actually I'm all over the place as far as styles. I like the hard side Hey luggage, the Timberland, X'ion( American tourister). Hmmm....choices!

Missyal

Archived