Oct 14 Nice to Monte Carlo (Voyager)

We will also be there! We have a night in Eze,France at Chateau Eza the night before embarkation and three nights in Athens post cruise. We are very excited about the Inaugural President's cruise, but we are only on the first week!

Cheers, Pam

We'll be on from Nice to Athens. Booked 1+ years ago, long before the B2B package was offered (and isn't an option due to other plans).

NewCruiser1960: you can't start off better! This will be our 3rd cruise on Voyager (7th with RSSC) and they've all been wonderful!

Welcome other October 14 and 21 cruisers (and the ones just before us, too). Maybe we can get a group of CruiseCritic cruisers together for a bon voyage toast. For you Oct 7 cruisers, we'll just wave goodbye from the railing as you dash for your flights home (sob).

Anyone else on one of these itineraries (or both)?

Jack4cruisin

(and Ginny, too)

• 2 weeks later...

Those passengers leaving for 14 days on 14th Oct will be booking their restaurant reservations in the next few days...we have to wait a little longer.

But have booked Pompeii (wonderful done before) and Florence (new territory).

What other excursions have passengers booked??

Yes - we just "requested" our tours for this BTB cruise. (RSSC likes to make a distinction between "requests" and "reservations"... don't know why.)

Because we've done the Rome whirlwind tour before, we decided to take the "Angels and Demons" Rome's Best Secrets tour. It sounds like fun, and gives us an excuse to re-read the book. We've never been to Pompei so we selected that tour out of Sorrento during the first week. We visited Florence before but toured on our own, so this time we're requesting the Florence and the Accademia tour. I understand that the Accademia museum is difficult to visit without advance reservations or as part of a tour. The other port tours... we'll decide on board. Otherwise, one sweet thing about a 14-day cruise is we won't feel guilty if we just relax on board or nearby for a day or 2!

For those who haven't visited Kusadasi before: Don't miss it! You'll be amazed.

Anyone else on either the Oct. 14 or Oct 21 (or the combined BTB "President's Cruise"? Any other tour ideas?

Jack and Ginny

The full name is the "President's Inaugural Mediterranean Cruise", with RSSC's president Mark Conroy hosting previous RSSC cruisers. It includes some promotations such as special shore events, but requires the full 14-day back-to-back booking. You can bet everything will be "ship shape" with the pres on board (. . . as it is normally!!). I think it's titled "inaugural" because of the new Regent brand name.

We found ourselves on a president's cruise about two years ago and enjoyed meeting Mr Conroy and some of his staff.

Jack4cruisin

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the embarkation port became Nice instead of Monte Carlo? I learned this when I read the documents. I called RSSC to see if it was an error and they told me that they change the port to Nice from Monte Carlo due to the amount of ships in the Monte Carlo harbor on the 14th. I was never advised by either my TA or RSSC? Seems a little strange not to have been notified. Had I been, I might have decided to stay in Nice instead of Monte Carlo for the two days pre cruise. Anyone? Was I just asleep at the wheel?

My travel agent let me know in June when I was embarking on a Voyager Baltic cruise. This information has been available for a LONG time. Your T/A should have given you the notification that was sent by RSSC. See you onbaord!

Cheers, Pam

Archived