Booked on the Pearl..a few questions

Ol'Muck-n-Mire

I've been lurking around this board for about 2 weeks now, I've found it very informative and the members to be a great help to each other. With that said, my wife and I have booked our first cruise on the Pearl in Febuary. I do have a couple of questions:

1. How hard is it to get a transfer from the Ft.Lauderdale airport to the Miami pier? We plan on getting in a day early for the cruise and the hotel rates are a bit more reasonable in Ft. Lauderdale.

2. Has anyone taken an XM Satellite radio to the Western Carribien? If so how was the reception? I'm looking forward to the cruise, but I'm not looking forward to Opie and Anthony withdrawls.

3. I had some reservations about sailing on a brand new ship. Is there reason to be concerned? Has anyone else sailed on a ship that hasn't been "broke in" yet?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later on. Thanks

OMM

We are going in Feb. Early season I guess.

Not too early - I will be on the Pearl Dec 2nd. Buy the time you get onboard they will already be starting to rotate staff. I would not be worried about the ship being broken in.

I would check out the port of call boards or hotel boards for ideas on transfers. Lots of options from FLL. The cost is considerably more then from MIA and it might offset the hotel savings.

What many do is rent a car when they get in town and drop it in downtown MIA taking the shuttle to the pier. The rental car can be had for the price of a cab as long as you get it back in 24 hours making it a 1 day rental.

Can't help you with O&A

Archived