Just a tip for toddlers....

crusinmama06

I always forget to mention this but for me its a must have when cruising and taking little ones to the dining room on cruise ships (and restaurants any other time).

We have this folding booster seat that just sits on any chair and you just use the straps to secure it to the chair.

http://www.thefirstyears.com/products/product.asp?pValue=4200

I LOVE this thing....honestly. Cause I can just chop up food and throw it right on the tray and not have to worry about using those icky germy highchairs.

When I am not cruising I keep this in the back of my car and I throw it over my shoulder when we go into restaurants. Then I can strap in my daughter and not have to worry about her climbing out of a highchair (which she has been known to do)

Just wanted to throw that option out there. Happy cruising everyone! :D

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the info. How old is your daughter? Mine just turned 2, but she hasn't liked to be in a high-chair with a table attached for a looooong time now. Are you able to take the attached table off and just scoot them up to the dining table with this chair? Also, does it fit inside your checked luggage, or do you have to try to carry it on the plane?

:o)

Yes, you can take the table top off. And the bottom on the seat slides out and can be moved higher...then I just move it right up to the table. My daughter is 2 (as of this past April 27th).

And I have done both. I have packed it in a suitcase and checked it at the gate with the stroller.

Do they have booster seats onboard you can use? We are taking our 2 yr old grandson and although mom and dad have one of those seats and use it at home, I hate to lug it with us along with all the other items we'll need! Are there only highchairs in the dining room and no boosters?

Do they have booster seats onboard you can use? We are taking our 2 yr old grandson and although mom and dad have one of those seats and use it at home, I hate to lug it with us along with all the other items we'll need! Are there only highchairs in the dining room and no boosters?

The portable booster chair with tray sounds like a great idea if you live within driving distance of the embarkation port. It's not really possible to pack that portable booster chair unless you have space in your large suitcase.

In any case, as long as you have sanitizing wipes and give the booster chair, high chair and tray a nice wipe down before you put your child in it, it'll be more convenient to use the ship's highchair or booster chair than to bring your own.

Most cruises have the bown booster chairs that a lot of land restuarants in the U.S. uses. The waiter will place the booster on a regular chair. I prefer to put the booster chair in a dining room chair with handrests.

The portable booster chair with tray sounds like a great idea if you live within driving distance of the embarkation port. It's not really possible to pack that portable booster chair unless you have space in your large suitcase.

I live in PA...lol. Not exactly driving distance of Miami. :D I just check the booster with my stroller on the plane.

Alot of boosters on the ships don't have seat belts and I know my toddler would be flipping out of the thing every chance she got if she wasn't belted in.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of this, but will add it to my list.

Also, just had to add that I saw in your post that your daughter tunred 2 on April 27th. My little girl turned one on April 27th, must be a pretty special day. :)

I agree on April 27th, that's my baby girl's birthday too, she is 1 also. :)

I've been peeking at this messageboard because we want to cruise next summer with the whole family. I've also got 9 & 14 yo girls who are ready to cruise again. Our April 27th baby is our 'unexpected blessing' who has put family cruising on hold for a bit. :)

I've got a fold-up booster in the back of my car too. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one out there, it travels everyplace with us.

Archived