Pre-Cruise Packages in Miami - Expensive!

browniegirl

Hi there, we checked into pre-cruise packages with NCL for next January and we were given rates for 3 different hotels for 2 or 3night pre-cruise packages. If we did the pre-cruise package, we wouldn't need to pay the airfare deviation of $50 US each. However....it works out to over $300 a night (for the 2 night package) and less for the 3 night package, at any of the hotels per room, which for a family of 6 works out to over $1200 US for 2 or 3 nights.... Has anybody else encountered this??? Does this seem extremely expensive or is it just me?? These are the prices given to me in Canadian funds per package(not per night):

2 night Eden Roc Renaissance Resort $393 per person for I & 2 and $11.60 for the third

3 night Best Western Courtyard Miami Beach $335 per person and $11.60 for the third

3 night Courtyard Miami beach $463 per person and $11.60 for the third

Thanks!

Leah

Hi.

It's the week right before the Super Bowl! There are numerous events that start the week before, so that's probably why you are seeing these kinds of rates. You may want to start searching and booking because rooms will fly.

Good Luck!

Kannruss- Actually I love the "dates" we picked, it's the large group taking over some of the venues that has us kind of "unhappy" so to speak. In the end, if we can't afford a pre-cruise stay, it really isn't a big deal....more money to spend on the cruise! Would have been fun to see Miami, but maybe another time. I had no idea Superbowl was going on, should be a wild Sunday in Miami! My TA might check out the week or two before with regard to the same cruise, but I really don't want to change our dates.... it worked out so well for all of us. Oh well, after the initial "bummed out" feeling of being somewhat limited in some venues, I have to move on, see what NCL says and then make the best of the situation. We have fabulous suites on the cruise we are booked on and that is what I do not want to give up, we are very very very excited about them!!

Thanks for the tips everyone, I do really appreciate it!!!!:D

Leah

Kannruss- Actually I love the "dates" we picked, it's the large group taking over some of the venues that has us kind of "unhappy" so to speak. In the end, if we can't afford a pre-cruise stay, it really isn't a big deal....more money to spend on the cruise! Would have been fun to see Miami, but maybe another time. I had no idea Superbowl was going on, should be a wild Sunday in Miami! My TA might check out the week or two before with regard to the same cruise, but I really don't want to change our dates.... it worked out so well for all of us. Oh well, after the initial "bummed out" feeling of being somewhat limited in some venues, I have to move on, see what NCL says and then make the best of the situation. We have fabulous suites on the cruise we are booked on and that is what I do not want to give up, we are very very very excited about them!!

Thanks for the tips everyone, I do really appreciate it!!!!:D

Leah

Just make the most out of it and refuse to let anything get you down. You are well on your way with your upbeat attitude :)

Archived