Shoe help needed

furkidsmom

I need a pair of Gold Sandals for both my husband's daughters wedding (3rd time, but formal :rolleyes: ) and for my cruise. We live in Florida and don't do many dressy things, so I would prefer not to spend mega $$$. I haven't worn a pair of closed toe shoes in years, so I think a strappy sandal would be perfect. My dress is lots gold and silver sequins on a pale lavendar fabric. My purse is gold and crystal. I am a size 5-1/2 or 6 and can't wear a 3" or higher heel :eek: I've tried every place I can think of! Help!!!

I don't know your definition of mega bucks - it's different for everyone. However, I just saw some from Stuart Weitzman in the store the other day that were gorgeous!

I also stick w/ a 3" heel and he had a few very pretty pairs.

Check at numerous stores ... but I like the clear shoes you can find out there.

Similar to this ... but some have gold and/or silver on them too.

Mom got a flat pair while she was here recently, and she loves them.

I have about 5 pairs, some with embelllishments in black.gold or silver.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002Y7LVK/sr=1-74/qid=1156552209/ref=sr_1_74/002-7406952-6454428?ie=UTF8&s=apparel

http://www.advantagebridal.com/shclsabydy.html

http://www.advantagebridal.com/exclvisawirh.html

I can usually find them at a shoe store for a lot less than these.

I usually pay anywhere from $20 to $40 a pair.

Good luck! Jules

Furkidsmom .... they are very comfortable.

As your feet heat up the plastic it actually softens up and conforms to your foot.

Mom was so pleased to find the pair she did out here ... which only had a 1" heel.

HUGz! Jules

Ebay. I've had great luck buying shoes on ebay. Just search for size and color and new condition.

:( I've been trying Ebay for a few weeks. There just aren't many shoes in my size (unless they have a 4" heel!:eek: ) I love Ebay though :)

Fur ... I see them out at shoe stores everywhere.

I was just at the mall today, and at least 2 of the shoe stores I went into had them.

I've also seen them in JC Penny and a few other department stores shoe departments.

HUGz! Jules

Let's try a mental exercise - I'm image all the gold strappy sandals I'm finding in the store up here floating down to you if you'll imagine some with closed toes flying up to the stores here!!!!!!!!!!:D

What size? I've been searching all over the internet. I'll post links for you as I find them :)

What size? I've been searching all over the internet. I'll post links for you as I find them :)

Thanks, but I have found some at Zappo's (nice seachable site!) and been rethinking what I'm doing with my outfit anyway based on some of the advice I've been reading to other posters. I'll revive my thread once I've made some decisions. :)

http://search.famousfootwear.com/?Query=gold+sandals

These are a 2" heel and come in a size 6

http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1009890&variant_id=19150

I really like famous footwear. We have many stores in our area but I have also ordered on-line with great success. They are running a special right now, buy one pair get one pair 1/2 off.

Hope you find the perfect shoes.

Any chance you can post a picture of your dress? I'd love to see it. I'm trying to decide on shoes for my formal as well, so I've been doing a lot of shoe browsing lately.

Here's a few I came across, in different price ranges, that may work for you. Good luck!

JCPenney : shoes : women's dress : special occasion

David's Bridal - Accessory Alex Slide With Rhinestones.

Chadwicks.com: brushed gold shoe

Chadwicks.com: gold strappy sandal

Chadwicks.com: Leather Slingback

Chadwicks.com: Metallic Sandal

A. Marinelli 'Cheri' Slide - Nordstrom.com

Any chance you can post a picture of your dress? I'd love to see it. I'm trying to decide on shoes for my formal as well, so I've been doing a lot of shoe browsing lately.

Here's a few I came across, in different price ranges, that may work for you. Good luck!

JCPenney : shoes : women's dress : special occasion

David's Bridal - Accessory Alex Slide With Rhinestones.

Chadwicks.com: brushed gold shoe

Chadwicks.com: gold strappy sandal

Chadwicks.com: Leather Slingback

Chadwicks.com: Metallic Sandal

A. Marinelli 'Cheri' Slide - Nordstrom.com

A couple of those Chadwicks ones look good - I searched their site the other day and didn't see them (I DID order two french terry warm-up sets on sale though :rolleyes: )

Archived