Ships towels? clocks & irons

dizzy lizzy

They give out beach towels on the pier when in port. I'm pretty sure there is a clock in the stateroom (for sure you can look up the time on the TV), but you are not allowed to have an iron. They confiscate them when you embark and return them when you disembark.

Lenken

Ontario, Canada

PoH Jan 2007

PoAm Dec 2005

I was on the August 5th sailing of POAm in an Aft Balcony cabin.

*We didn't have an official clock in the room, but the phone had the time on it (it was hard to see unless you were right in front of it).

*The towels: they had someone sitting by the stairs as you made your way to the gangway. You didn't have to sign them out. I asked because we've always had to do this on Royal Caribbean and the guy said, "Everyone keeps asking that. Have you had to sign towels out before?"

*The iron: No there is not an iron in the room. I always bring a travel iron and no it was not taken from my luggage.

I had a travel iron too on our June PoaM cruise that was never "discovered". It is a Rowenta travel iron/steamer and comes in its own little canvas carry case. However, we were so busy I never used it.

Only clock in the cabin was on the phone, but you could get the time off the tv and also program wakeup calls (or echedule them with the phone). We used our cell phone as our room clock and alarm clock.

Beach towels were always available as we exited the ship.

Archived