What is the Most Unique Thing You Bring?

Gigi1220

I bring a bag with me but don't use them for laundry. They are great for weighting down the shower curtain so it doesn't blow all around or "cling" to you while showering.

Great tip! ;) I'll have to use it. :D

I don't go on vacation without my own toilet paper. Sounds strange I know, until you feel the stuff they call toilet paper on ship - what a difference!

Also, a plug-in air freshener and a touch light for the bathroom (I leave it on all night).

PS - Wal-mart, Target, and probably Walgreens/CVS also have Downy Wrinkle Releaser. It does work like a charm. I also purchased a small steamer on Ebay for $10. Does a great job on my formal wear I don't want to spray with Wrinkle Releaser.

All grocery stores have them in the laundry detergent aisle.:rolleyes:

Sorry, but not in my area. I have seen others post about not being able to find it. I understand Walmart use to carry it but no more.

At one of our local wal-marts I saw the downy wrinkle release near the little travel sized shampoos and soaps in the toiletries aisles.

I'm not really planning on bringing anything unique. We're bringing a power strip but since many passengers do that it's not too unique.

Downey Wrinkle Release is not in grocery stores in our area either ... but I did find it at Target. I actually wrote to the company and they tell me they are not making it anymore .. but it is still on the shelves in a lot of locations. I stocked up just in case.

They are not making wrinkle release anymore? OH NOOOOOOO

I use this stuff EVERY day. They made a mistake in the packaging, one container will last you over a year. They won't sell much that way. Has anyone seen a travel size?

I take a small stainless kettle and 2 16 oz insulated travel glasses. I then go up to the Horizon Court put in 3 tea bags, 4 sweetners and hot water and make my own iced tea that I drink. I do this as it appears I'm allergice to high fructose corn syrup so no more coke card for me!!!

I was really proud of the little battery-operated hand-held fans my husband bought at a camping/outdoor store - but then we forgot to bring them to our Mexico excursion which was when we really needed them! I also brought my pillow and got a lot of strange looks. I sleep so much better with it. Lucky I didn't have to fly to my cruise.;)

My absolute favourite item to bring along is a doo-dad (palm tree decoration on Trans-Pacific from Hawaii; Birthday balloons and streamers in November :D ) to stick on or near my cabin door so I can quickly locate my haven down those looong ship corridors :confused: .

purrell whips/liquid for your hands, clorex whips for the bathroom and other surfaces.

extra pair of glasses.

extra meds- for headcolds, cough drops

flashlight- pocket size

battery operated travel clock

thermal ice block for the tours on shore for drinks to put in a insulated small tote bag

Here is one that I have never seen posted.... Its not really something to bring rather something to do prior to a cruise. All the same we are just trying to make sure we have our bases covered before we travel....

Ready... Call you credit card company and let them know when your traveling. We have had a credit card declined in port and we had no idea what was going on?? It so happens that some companies will decline an out of country purchase (security). A quick call will take care of the problem but when your phone does not work and you dont know how to operate the local phones its a problem that you really do not want to deal with on your vacation :)

Also, if you know you will need to call the USA you can purchase international phone cards on line before you leave... you can use the ship phone its easy but a bit expensive

Archived