Oosterdam VA-VH Staterooms

calberry

OK, I must be missing something. The deluxe outside verandah staterooms all are stated to have the same square footage, and in general are very close in pricing...except for the VH which is ~$,1000 more than the others. What is it about the VH stateroom that differentiates them from the others?

Thanks

Steve

Location, Location, Location.

Have a look at the deckplans - you'll see the differences...

BTW - IF VH's are showing as more expensive than higher categories, you'll note that the category is closed - no more available for that sailing.

It's just a quirk of HAL's reservation system.

Sorry Brian, I guess I still just don't get it. There are only 4 (that I see) VH staterooms. They are all as far forward as possible on the upper promenade deck. Personally I can't see why THAT location would be better than that of the other V category staterooms. And the VH's are adjacent to a VF's. The VH cabins are the 1st and 2nd in from the bow, and the VF's are the 3rd, 4th, etc., yet the VH is $600-700 more than the VF (that's almost 50% more for the same sq footage). To my way of thinking there has to be something more special about those cabins.

Steve

calberry, what Brian was trying to explain is that when a category gets sold out or closed. It lists a very high price. So for example if you saw rooms listed like this

VA $1100

VB $1050

VC $1000

VD $950

VE $900

VF $875

VH $2500

This usually means that the VH rooms are all sold, I hope this clarifies. Also The only real difference between all of the Veranda rooms is location, they are all basically the same square footage with a few exceptions. Veranda sizes may also vary based on location of room

calberry, what Brian was trying to explain is that when a category gets sold out or closed.

This usually means that the VH rooms are all sold, I hope this clarifies.

Thanks Frank - Exactly.;)

It doesn't mean that anyone actually paid that price - HAL's reservation system isn't capable (for whatever reason) of not showing a price or the actual price someone paid, so it shows an inflated number that doesn't really mean anything.

OK, now THAT makes sense. I tried spot checking about 10 different cruise dates and on each it showed the VH categories as closed, and therefore the elevated price. But I also found it interesting that I did not see a cruise with VH's open...then I got bored.

Thanks!!!

Steve

Archived