Where does the Jewel dock in Miami

nataliew

Jan says it's about 1 1/2 hours from her place to Miami and we have all day to get there so I'm not really concerned if we do plan A. Hubby will rush us and make sure we are there plenty early. He's the type that leaves the house at 8AM for a 1 o'clock flight. :( Just need to find out about how long it will take for him to return the van and get back to the ship (so I can be right once again :D )? Because it is a repo cruise we will not be leaving a car there. Will worry about LA to home next. :confused: That's where are free airline tickets will do the most good. If I can get a good price to FL I will be able to use the freebee to go to Granddaughter's 1st Communion in Raleigh the weekend after we return.

About the self service laundry...is it usually crowded or large enough to get the job done without waiting? This will be my 1st cruise on a new ship!

I'm assuming taxis are plentiful and easily located at the pier, and that a trip to Miami airport (MIA) from the docks on Dodge Island will take no more than 30 minutes. Has anyone had experience with taxis at the Miami docks?

Thanks!

I'm assuming taxis are plentiful and easily located at the pier, and that a trip to Miami airport (MIA) from the docks on Dodge Island will take no more than 30 minutes. Has anyone had experience with taxis at the Miami docks?

Thanks!

You assumptions are correct :)

Where will you be staying in Titusville??? Hopefully not on US1, and how far are you away from titusville.. im a little familiar with the area since we are 60 miles of there and have a timeshare on cocoa beach we visit often.

there isnt much in titusville. when are you traveling? id suggest 5 more miles to cocoa beach if you could make it..Titusville is a BLAH, UGLY town. not that it matters, just nicer on cocoa beach, with a bit of atmosphere.

diane

I agree with Diane here. Titusville?

Cocoa beach or anywhere past Cocoa beach on A1A is much better.

I also live in the area and piceline might get you one of the newly opened hotels on the beach.

You do know that you will have a 3 hour + drive to the pier?

Steve

Just need to find out about how long it will take for him to return the van and get back to the ship (so I can be right once again :D

Figure a good hour to an hour and a half.The rental returns are mostly at the airport and in your case,leaving the pier to the airport will most likely encounter traffic entering downtown Miami.30-45 minutes will get him there.The trip back using the rental car companies shuttle will be about 30 minutes but they don't ussually leave until they have a few passengers.

Steve

Where will you be staying in Titusville??? Hopefully not on US1, and how far are you away from titusville.. im a little familiar with the area since we are 60 miles of there and have a timeshare on cocoa beach we visit often.

there isnt much in titusville. when are you traveling? id suggest 5 more miles to cocoa beach if you could make it..Titusville is a BLAH, UGLY town. not that it matters, just nicer on cocoa beach, with a bit of atmosphere.

diane

My brother who is retired from the Coast Guard lives there in a nice home, wrote to me that we can stay there over night instead of at a motel. And since we have not seen him and his wife in awhile it woulld be a wonderful way to spend an evening so there!

Archived