Family Oceanview Stateroom on Vision or Rhapsody - anyone ever stayed in one?

mrstay

We have finally booked the Family Oceanview Stateroom on the Rhapsody. I was hoping someone could give me headups on this style cabin. Plus or minus? Is there a refrigerator as stated on the RCCL page? Thanks.

We stayed in FO on Vision out of LA - Mexican Riviera. We had four small kids (ages 7, 6, and 5 yo twins) and we were packed in like sardines, but it worked. Bathroom is same as any other standard oceanview cabin. Don't recall a fridge. Small area the size of a walk-in closet had bunk beds/upper and lower birth with a small two-drawer dresser and a narrow closet. Two twins pushed together created our king-sized master bed. Sofa bed was directly opposite, and when opened for sleeping there wasn't but about 18 inches between the end of the beds to walk. When folded up it was a nice (little) sitting area. One bathroom for six people was a drag, but again, our kids were so young it was manageable. It was a nice cost savings versus two outside cabins where we pay full fare for pax 1-4

We've booked FO on Voyager and are hoping its a lot bigger.

We stayed in FO on Vision out of LA - Mexican Riviera. We had four small kids (ages 7, 6, and 5 yo twins) and we were packed in like sardines, but it worked. Bathroom is same as any other standard oceanview cabin. Don't recall a fridge. Small area the size of a walk-in closet had bunk beds/upper and lower birth with a small two-drawer dresser and a narrow closet. Two twins pushed together created our king-sized master bed. Sofa bed was directly opposite, and when opened for sleeping there wasn't but about 18 inches between the end of the beds to walk. When folded up it was a nice (little) sitting area. One bathroom for six people was a drag, but again, our kids were so young it was manageable. It was a nice cost savings versus two outside cabins where we pay full fare for pax 1-4

We've booked FO on Voyager and are hoping its a lot bigger.

Thanks for your reply. We are a Husband, wife, a 9 YO and a 3 YO. You mentioned a small closet and a small dresser in the small sleeping area. Was the closet enough space for two space children? Compared to the one shown to be in the main area, would you say it is half the size?

We have finally booked the Family Oceanview Stateroom on the Rhapsody. I was hoping someone could give me headups on this style cabin. Plus or minus? Is there a refrigerator as stated on the RCCL page? Thanks.

Yes, we had FO on deck 4 of Rhapsody. Excellent. Two bunkbeds in front area, separated from main room by curtain. Small chest of drawers for bunk area. Lotsa room under bunk for suitcases. Has TV and fridge in main room. Bathroom is standard size with butt-sticking shower curtain.:D

Zillions of cubby holes for storage. Fairly large outside window.

Without a doubt, the best value room on the ship.

I'm going on Rhapsody Oct. 1. If you are going at the same time, then forget about what I said. The room sucks, and I'm such a nice guy I'll trade my L cat. for it.:)

Yes, we had FO on deck 4 of Rhapsody. Excellent. Two bunkbeds in front area, separated from main room by curtain. Small chest of drawers for bunk area. Lotsa room under bunk for suitcases. Has TV and fridge in main room. Bathroom is standard size with butt-sticking shower curtain.:D

Zillions of cubby holes for storage. Fairly large outside window.

Without a doubt, the best value room on the ship.

I'm going on Rhapsody Oct. 1. If you are going at the same time, then forget about what I said. The room sucks, and I'm such a nice guy I'll trade my L cat. for it.:)

Thank you for your response. I am glad to know there is a frig. When you are on the cruise, could you please take a picture of the bathroom layout so that I can plan ahead. The pictures on the RCCL pictures are great, but sometimes not real accurate. It would be greatly appreciated. If you could also take an actual picture of the second bedroom area, that would be great too. Have a great cruise.

Archived