Don't give up on Priceline!

p0mpey

We are on the 9/6 sailing from Vancouver (Spirit).We have been trying to get the Westin Bayside for about 2 months offering $75.00 and $80.00 each time for 4 star downtown. Finally we scored yesterday. Although we didn't get the Westin we snagged a room at the Marriott Pinnacle for $80.00. Looks nice and is very close to the port so we are happy. I guess hotels must open up rooms as the day gets closer.

Monday night we are staying in Whistler. Love it up there. Just wish we had longer in the area.

Time to start packing.....yeah!:)

We are on the 9/6 sailing from Vancouver (Spirit).We have been trying to get the Westin Bayside for about 2 months offering $75.00 and $80.00 each time for 4 star downtown. Finally we scored yesterday. Although we didn't get the Westin we snagged a room at the Marriott Pinnacle for $80.00. Looks nice and is very close to the port so we are happy. I guess hotels must open up rooms as the day gets closer.

You never know with priceline. Sometimes hotels give rooms to priceline shortly before arrival because they are not selilng as many as they expected at regular prices. Sometimes they give rooms to priceilne months in advance, but then take them off priceline if they see the hotel is going to be more than 80% full. With priceline, I have found that it is best to have a cancellable backup while you continue to pursue a good rate on priceline.

The problem with using priceline in Alaska is that the hotels there often have a cancellation deadline of 1-2 months before arrival in order to get a full refund. Doesn't usually work well with priceline.

Monday night we are staying in Whistler. Love it up there. Just wish we had longer in the area.:)

It is my desire to go to Whistler in February 2010 for the olympics. I heard the bobsled/luge/skeleton track is already under construction:)

Archived