Excursions on Zuiderdam

vpoopsy

My husband and I will be cruising the Zuiderdam on Dec. 2nd. Are there cheaper ways to do excursions besides the "package deals?"

The ship sponsored excursions are sometimes less expensive than booking with an independent.

However, you will often have a better experience with the independent tour operator. There will likely be fewer people in your tour and the transport may be better quality.

I can, for example, recommend a first class operator at Tortola who will provide a top notch boat and snorkel trip, but they aren't cheap. Tours are pretty much like everything else: you get what you pay for.

Not knowing your preferences, I can't make any recommendations to you. To begin your quest I'd suggest you visit the "Ports Of Call" boards for your destinations. You'll get lots of info and advise there.

I can provide one important piece of advise: When booking with an independent, be sure the tour times allow a comfort zone for returning to the ship. You don't want to be waving bye-bye to Zuiderdam from a mid Caribbean dock.:eek:

BTW - all of the tours at Half Moon Cay are ship sponsored, so that's one port you needn't decide about independents.;)

Thanks for the information. I'll check out the 'ports of call' board. I'm new here, so didn't know about it.

I've read a few reviews about taking a speedy ferry to Virgin Gorda in Tortola to the baths and knew that was a cheaper way to go then through the ship.

I've booked private excursions before, but was with a group, so it worked out well.

Have a blessed day.

Archived