Destiny 7/24 cruise refunds..anyone receive theirs?

thequeen

Just pondering how long it will take to get refunded for our Destiny 7/23 (changed to 7/24 cruise due to mechanical problems from the prior cruise)?

We were supposed to get our hotel and meals reimbursed (for 7/23 date)and according to my TA, she advised us to just mail in the receipts. It has been almost a month and was wondering if anyone had received anything yet? or how long it should take?

Of course, I kept copies of everything, but an email to Carnival resulted in no reply......any other suggestions? It totals about $400.

Thanks and happy cruising to all!! :D

That $400 price is for everything that Carnival is supposed to reimburse us for. Carnival had alloted a certain amount for the one night at the hotel (but EVERYONE had to have a hotel that first night and the hotels were price-gouging so it was almost $300) The food allotment was $70 pp and I think we ended up spending about $120 for dinner, breakfast and lunch.

Was really hoping to hear if anyone else had gotten their refunds yet.

I have received both the cruise discount refund along with our meal reimbursement. I faxed our meal reimbursement in on August 2 and the check was mailed by Carnival on August 22.

Our cruise discount refund came partially from Carnival and the balance from TA. The Carnival refund was posted on my AE on July 27 and the check from TA was mailed on August 10.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I got the cruise discount posted on my Visa card right away. I mailed in the receipts for the other, but have heard nothing. I tried calling the guest relations in customer service, but the recording says they are closed due to Hurricane Ernesto.

Guess will try them later on then........

Archived