Dry Cleaning & Laundry Cost

Wittonian

laundry is included. We did laundry a total of three times and it looks like it ran $35 (which we were refunded). There was no dry cleaning on board, so this only applied to regular items (shorts, tee shirts, polo shirts, skirts, underwear).

Laundry is also free when you hit elite status.

The highest cost item for cleaning are jumpsuits at $4.50, dry cleaning it was $10.50 for evening gowns($8.50 for dresses) and $8.50 for a two-piece suit and $8 for just the jacket. Everything else fell in between those ranges

if you'd like it broken down more, let me know.

Hope that helps a little

Charlie

Do they offer any packages for the during of the cruise?

Our cruise is for 15 days, what would the cost be?

In the past on Princess Cruises, there have been laundry specials and although I can't remember the price for sure, I think it was $20 for whatever you could stuff into a paper laundry bag that they provide (It is pretty big and holds quite a bit). Seems like they picked up at 11 AM and returned it either late that evening or maybe early the next day. I found it to be quite a deal. I think this is offered on "Sea Days" and sure beats sitting in the laundry room waiting your turn for the washer/dryer and etc. I am certain this deal was made on one of the longer cruises, but can't remember for sure if it was offered on 7 day cruises.

We sent three medium sized bags of laundry / dry cleaning on our last cruise and our account indicated the three bags were around $90 total.

Fortunately we are Elite Passengers and the charges were reversed (as they are free). We feel this is the best "perk" that Princess offers Elite Passengers. We packed enough clothes for our five day pre cruise trip (plus a couple of days) and then washed the five days of clothes after boarding.

In the past on Princess Cruises, there have been laundry specials and although I can't remember the price for sure, I think it was $20 for whatever you could stuff into a paper laundry bag that they provide (It is pretty big and holds quite a bit). Seems like they picked up at 11 AM and returned it either late that evening or maybe early the next day. I found it to be quite a deal. I think this is offered on "Sea Days" and sure beats sitting in the laundry room waiting your turn for the washer/dryer and etc. I am certain this deal was made on one of the longer cruises, but can't remember for sure if it was offered on 7 day cruises.

I was actually crossing my fingers for this service on our recent 12 day Grand Princess cruise. I even called Princess before we left to find out if it would be offered, and was told that the "as much as you can stuff in a bag" deal would be available. But, alas, the ship did not offer it. So, I'm not sure if it varies by ship or by itinerary, but the Grand did not offer it on our cruise two weeks ago.

Evening Dress $10.50, Dresses $8.50, Suit 2 piece $8.00, Jackets $5.00, Formal shirt and blouses $4.50. The cost for pressing only is 80% of the listed dry cleaning charges. The list is longer, but I think you'll get the idea of prices.

We had one laundry day special. It just showed up on the Patter about mid-cruise. $15 for a bag.

(yea, I snagged the list, but only because it had the old "It's more than a cruise, it's the Love Boat" motto printed on it. The new motto is so lame.)

Archived