Difference btw Junior Suite and balcony room

Has anyone stayed in a Junior Suite? What's the difference between that room and a regular balcony room? I looked at the pictures, but it didn't look much bigger. Are there extra amenities?

The JS is about 90 sq.ft. larger with a balcony about 40% - 50% larger than a D1. Also has a larger washroom with a tub and a walk-in closet. Perks are priority booking (at some embarkation ports) as well as C&A credit for 2 cruises. Personally, I really like the JS.

Depends on what class of ship you are sailing on. Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class JS have the larger cabins with the walk in closets, lots of shelving and a tub.

The JS in the smaller ships (i.e. Vision class) are not as large and do not have a walk in closet. They are more comparable to a D1 category cabin.

Here's a link to check them out...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do;jsessionid=0000Qd9WN7fCxBJ8oGh_RD78b3l:10ktdmlju?cS=NAVBAR

Depends on what class of ship you are sailing on. Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class JS have the larger cabins with the walk in closets, lots of shelving and a tub.

The JS in the smaller ships (i.e. Vision class) are not as large and do not have a walk in closet. They are more comparable to a D1 category cabin.

Here's a link to check them out...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do;jsessionid=0000Qd9WN7fCxBJ8oGh_RD78b3l:10ktdmlju?cS=NAVBAR

Oooopps! Thanks cruisenfever, I haven't sailed on Vision class, just Voyager and Radiance class recently. Come to think of it we had a Superior OV on Sovereign years and years ago which I believe is a JS now. It was a great cabin with a tub but no walk-in closet, at least that I can remember. It was on the top deck so they have probably added a balcony to it. It was also smaller than the JS's on the larger ships.

Oooopps! Thanks cruisenfever, I haven't sailed on Vision class, just Voyager and Radiance class recently. Come to think of it we had a Superior OV on Sovereign years and years ago which I believe is a JS now. It was a great cabin with a tub but no walk-in closet, at least that I can remember. It was on the top deck so they have probably added a balcony to it. It was also smaller than the JS's on the larger ships.

No problem...........folks kind of think that a JS is the same on all ships. Thought the link would be more helpful to txqueenbee......and anyone else that might be interested.

The JS adds a sitting area with two chairs and a couch. The D1 just has the couch. It's a little wider on the Vision class ships over the D1 and, as mentioned, it gets an extra cruise credit when you sail in one. All have bathtubs except on Empress.

Some people report receiving the Suite amenities of the true suites (Grand Suite, Owners Suite or Royal Suite) such as robes and priority embarkation but none have reported being able to use the conceirge lounge (when available) or the debarkation lounge.

For the most part, it's a larger version of the D1 (add bathtub and larger sitting area with two chairs) but not much more. They are nicer and feel more roomy to us. If the price difference isn't all that great between a D1 and a JS or, if the JS isn't all that expensive to begin with, I'll book the JS.

We love the JS's. The larger bathroom and closet are worth the extra cost to us. We travel with our 2 kids and prefer the privacy of having a JS with the kids in their own room next to ours over booking a larger suite that doesn't offer a private bedroom.

We just had a JS on the Mariner. We loved it. Some other family members had a D1 and the JS was significantly larger. The room is not that much longer but it is several feet wider and really makes a difference. The large walk in closet was great and the bathroom with tub was a nice size. The balcony is also much larger. My sister had the JS next door and we had them open up the door between the balconies so we had a HUGE balacony between the two.

Here is an even better link...........you can compare cabin categories by ship.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/home.do;jsessionid=000080vZCCC95FJgiQ-BfxH9Yxo:10ktdmlju

Patti - thanks for posting this link. I have been to RCI's website many, many times, but have never compared cabins like that before--sure made it easy:D

Rena

Archived