Kauai luaus

crzn4fun

Jame, thanks for the reply. My problem with those 2 islands is that we will be in Honolulu on Christmas Day and New Years Day. On Maui, we have scheduled OLL, but we have decided to drive to Hana ourselves that day and don't want to have to rush back to be at the luau. I am hoping someone has been to a luau on Kauai. I checked the Smith's Garden Luau, but they are not having one the night overnight in Kauai. Oh well, we may not be able to do one this trip.

Not this trip. We wanted to spend Christmas Eve with my mom so we are not flying in until Christmas Day which is the day we set sail. My DD has to go back to school Jan. 3, so we have to fly out Jan. 1 so that we arrive back home Jan. 2. The only flights to DFW are in the evening. This means we don't get to do Pearl Harbor this trip either. Next year we are going to leave out of LA on the Summit so we will be able to spend time in Honolulu and are planning on doing OLL then, but the trip this Christmas is with my in-laws. I told them I would try to set up a luau so that all 11 of us could attend.

You could easily do pearl harbor the day your cruise pulls into Oahu, before your evening flight. The cruise pier, pearl harbor, and the airport are not far from each other. Your cruise has a shore excursion that does this (and some other things too) and drops you off at the airport afterwards, or you could easily do it yourself renting a car!

You are flying AA to Dallas right? You can use NCL's "easyfly" program, where for $20 they give you a boarding pass and take your bags onto the plane for you, right from your cruise. That way you can tour the day on your own without bags to worry about, and stroll straight to the gate at the airport without having to check in.

I don't know about a luau on Kauai, give it a shot and let us know what you think. :)

Mikekaye:

Thanks for all the ideas. We still won't be able to see Pearl though because it is closed on Christmas Day and New Years Day which is when we arrive and leave Honolulu. We are coming back in 2007 though and plan to see it all then. We cannot use the EasyFly because we are on Continental. We have been really unhappy with AA for the past couple of years. We have to fly to Houston and change planes, but if the service is better, its worth it. We flew Continental business class to Rome in 2004 and loved it. AA could take a few lessons from them.

Archived