Who is actually the best??

My fiance and I are taking a cruise to the southern Carribbean on april 09, 2005 through Princess on the Dawn Princess. We are looking at having our wedding at one of the ports in the Barbados. We have looked at a couple of wedding co-ordinators...A wedding for you, and a few others. Any suggestions on this and also anyone out there ever married in the barbados. Prices seem okay but the price for a videographer seems a little high at $550 xtra. Any info would be greatl appreciated.

For Barbados, you might want to contact CruiseCritic member JH1002 (JH1002@aol.com) who married there and used Tropical Weddings. Not too many have posted on these boards about marrying in Barbados. Here is a link to a Barbados thread on the old CruiseCritic boards while they are still available.

Your price of a wedding videographer does seem high to me as well. We paid $350 for an edited video with music and interviews with all of our guests. This was for our wedding on St John while on a cruise. There are other places in the USVI charging $225 for their video - so that makes the quote you were given look really high.

Barbados is a beautiful island! Hubby actually bought my engagement ring there and we spent the afternoon at a lovely beach. Good luck with your planning!

I used AWFY and would strongly recommend that you do alittle more research and see if there are wedding planners on the island that you could use. Cut out the 3rd person (AWFY) and find a local wedding coordinator to plan the wedding of your dreams! Good Luck

Archived