Grand Suites & Port Canaveral Questions

jakeil7

If these are repeat questions, I do apologize. I did try to search through the forums.

Grand Suite Space

I'm planning on taking a trip with two other non-related adults on MOTS (three people total). We looked at the layout and figured on the GS instead of the JS because it seemed to have alot more room. Question 1: How much space is there between the standard beds and the sofabed when it is "deployed"? Question 2: Anyone have any pictures of the GS with the bed pulled out of the sofa?

Port Canaveral

I am assuming that the best way to get to the port is to fly into MCO (Orlando Int'l). Ideas on a good way to get to the port from there? I would love a limo, but they are a tad much and a sedan would probably be too small. Other ideas? If we come in the night before, should we stay near the port or in Orlando?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Jake

Grand Suite Space

I'm planning on taking a trip with two other non-related adults on MOTS (three people total). We looked at the layout and figured on the GS instead of the JS because it seemed to have alot more room. Question 1: How much space is there between the standard beds and the sofabed when it is "deployed"? Question 2: Anyone have any pictures of the GS with the bed pulled out of the sofa?

We had a GS on the AOS in January - sister ship to the MOS.

The GS has a very good privacy curtain that spans the width of the bedroom area pretty much completely concealing it from the sofa bed area. I don't have a pic with the sofa bed open, but I do have several very good shots of the cabin. Click on the link in my signature below and take a look!

If these are repeat questions, I do apologize. I did try to search through the forums.

Port Canaveral

I am assuming that the best way to get to the port is to fly into MCO (Orlando Int'l). Ideas on a good way to get to the port from there? I would love a limo, but they are a tad much and a sedan would probably be too small. Other ideas? If we come in the night before, should we stay near the port or in Orlando?

Jake

You can fly into MCO, Sanford, Melbourne or Daytona. Melbourne is closest (about 25 minutes), but chances are you'll get the best airfare to Orlando.

The drive from the airport is under an hour - straight shot out I528 (the Beach Line or Bee-Line). It's a toll road, and there are only delays if there is a brush fire in the region, a big accident or the odd hurricane ;) . Some people rent cars and drop them at the rental agency in Port Canaveral. Several rental agencies will shuttle you over to the Port.

You could stay in Orlando or you could stay in Cocoa Beach or on Merritt Island - just depends on what you want to do. If you stay in Orlando, you can hit the parks, downtown Disney or Universal Citywalk. If you stay in Cocoa, you can go to the beach. You'll get different opinion from different people.

Hope this helps!

Port Canaveral

Jake

Hi Jake! We just returned from the Mariner. Flew into Orlando two days prior and rented an SUV from Budget at the airport. We drove to Port Canaveral, which took about 45 minutes, and stayed at the brand new Residence Inn, which is a mile or so south of the cruise ship terminal. We couldn't be more pleased with the hotel - immaculate, free internet access, full breakfast included, and very reasonably priced. About 10:45 am on the morning of the cruise, I dropped the family and baggage off at the terminal and dropped the car off at Budget, which was about 1 mile south of the hotel. Budget shuttled me back to the ship and we were onboard about 11:45.

On the way home, we all caught the Budget shuttle to pick up another car to drive over to the Orlando airport.

This worked out wonderfully, and is exactly what we'd do again in the future.

Archived