Refurbished Legend v Navigator?

MRA

We have just returned from our first cruise - 14 days in the Mediterranean on the Legend of the Seas. We were thrilled with everything on the cruise! Next year the itinerary will be taken over by the Navigator of the Seas, which is a lot bigger. Does anyone have any experience of both the refurbished Legend and the Navigator? How do they compare?

I'm not one for the shows - more the food, decks, bars and lounge areas - and especially the SERVICE, which was fantastic on the Legend.

I'd appreciate any comments!

Thanks!

Marcel

Marcel:

We have not sailed the Legend at all but sailed the Navigator July 1-8 this year. We absolutely loved the ship. It is awesome! The crew is the best, Captain Bang and his wife were wonderful and so personable. He went out of his way several times with our family and on a ship that large, to acknowledge one family as many times as he did, we were VERY impressed. Also our dining staff was outstanding. Our Head Waiter Emillio was charming (from Italy), our waiter Andrei (Romania) was fantastic and our Assistant Waiter Alok (Turkey)was wonderful. They all worked well together and never missed a beat. Food was above excellent, and presentation outstanding. Don't miss the midnight gala buffet, beautiful. Also, my DH found a nice little blond Romanian waitress in the Two Poets Club who he really enjoyed talking to so you may want to check her out as she had tons of info about the ship for him.

We loved the ship and crew so much we have booked it again Nov. 24, 2007.

The ship is huge but it has so many wonderful features like the ice skating rink, the Promenade deck and 14 bars and lounges, how could you not find something to keep you occupied?

I say try the Navigator, you'll love it! Regardless, have fun as any cruise is better than no cruise....

Sue

Sue,

That sounds wonderful - like a larger version of the Legend!

Many thanks for your response - I think my wife and I will be going on the Navigator in 2008!

I can't wait!!

Marcel

Archived