Fun Ship Freddy on the Destiny?

dsnygrl

On our last Carnival cruise my son became very attatched the Fun Ship Freddy. I know he's scarey but what can I say, they bonded. He even takes his stuffed Freddy to school to sleep with at nap time. I read that he is not on all of Carnivals cruises though. We are leaving on the Destiny soon and all he keeps talking about is seeing his friend Freddy. Does anyone know if Freddy is appearing on the Destiny? I would rather break it to him now then waiting until we are on board and getting him upset then.

On our last Carnival cruise my son became very attatched the Fun Ship Freddy. I know he's scarey but what can I say, they bonded. He even takes his stuffed Freddy to school to sleep with at nap time. I read that he is not on all of Carnivals cruises though. We are leaving on the Destiny soon and all he keeps talking about is seeing his friend Freddy. Does anyone know if Freddy is appearing on the Destiny? I would rather break it to him now then waiting until we are on board and getting him upset then.

We have just the opposite problem. Our youngest son has a form of autism and a severe fear of mascots is one of his manifestations. We do still cruise (will be on the Miracle October 8th) but we have to go to Camp Carnival and get Freddie's schedule...so that we will know what areas to avoid and when. Oddly enough, our son also sleeps with his Funship Freddie doll. (that is one of the many contradictions of this disorder). If you don't get any info before you sail, go to Camp Carnival (Freddie's home) when you board and they can tell you his schedule.

Have a great cruise and I hope he gets to spend time with Freddie!

Dnsy - Freddie is indeed scary/evil looking.:D

Before the cruise, just tell your son that Freddie is going to be 'on vacation' when y'all will be on the ship. That way, if Freddie IS on board, it will be a great surprise for your son.:)

LHP, just an FYI for you. Our last Cranival cruise was on the Miracle and Freddy seemed to be around all the time. I hope they do have an acurate schedule for you so you don'y have any problems with your son.

My son also thought FunShip Freddy was a hoot! While eating in the dining room one night, he noticed that the crawfish garnish on his plate looked like Freddy! After that, he ordered everything that came with a "Freddy crawfish!"

As a surprise, I snuck a crawfish home and placed it in his lunchbox (in a ziplock!) on his first day back to school. He about died--and so did his classmates!

Naturally, I'm already trying to figure out some Funship Freddy pranks to play on him in November. Hey, if you can't mess with your kids, who can?

LHP, just an FYI for you. Our last Cranival cruise was on the Miracle and Freddy seemed to be around all the time. I hope they do have an acurate schedule for you so you don'y have any problems with your son.

Thanks for the heads up. Our son realizes that the list they give us are only "scheduled" visits and that there can be "unscheduled" appearances.

July 2005 we were at the Hilton in Anchorage when former President Carter was there with his secret service men (eating all the stuff in our hospitality suite) and we came up with the creative solution of becoming our son's "secret service". If there is a "code red", we leap into action. He got to talk to those guys a lot in the 3 days we were all there and loves the idea of traveling with secret service!

We are hoping that since we are traveling during the "off season" (not as many kids) that we won't see him much. But if we do, it will be another life lesson to help our little one learn to deal with reality!

abitaturbodog, crawfish Freddy I love it. I knew he looked like something, now I see it. .................................LHP, the secret service idea is very cool. We traveled mid September last year and there were less kids then too maybe thats why we ran in to him so much. Keep your eyes peeled.

Archived