Hotels near port canaveral

chipperberg

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at any hotels here. I am coming in a day early for the cruise and need a place to stay. I was thinking that I could rent a car from the airport and drive to the hotel and the following day drive to the pier, but I wanted to be very close to the pier if at all possible, so I could have a somewhat stressfree morning. Thanks.

The Radisson is the big one that a lot of people stay at. They have a shuttle over to the pier, but when we were there the shuttle was hundred people trying to get on a 12 person van. We took a cab for $5. Nice hotel, nice pool though. A big hotel opened since then also, Ron Jon Caribe. Looked very nice, we drove by it.

My wife and I rented from AVIS the day before on our last cruise. We stayed at the Radisson and returned the car in the morning of the cruise and took the free AVIS shuttle to the ship. Really enjoyed the Radisson so much that we will be doing the same thing this August. Good luck!!

We really enjoyed the Radisson before our last cruise. We were sailing on Disney and met up with some others from the disboards. It was nice getting to know a few people before the cruise and our oldest daughter made great friends with another couple's children.

We spent the evening hanging out at the pool, went down the street and grabbed a few things at Walgreen's that we had forgotten, and went to the when the shuttle started the next morning. We had to wait for a couple of vans to run before it was our turn, but being almost first made the difference in the wait time.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last September. We drove down but if you are renting a car at the Orlando airport, both Avis and Budget have facilities near the pier and offer a free shuttle to the pier.

I vote for the Radisson. The rooms are nice and the pool is terrific. Ask for a room with a port view (I think it was the 200-400 buildings). We did and awoke in the predawn to see the lights of the ship.

Been there a few times and have stayed at the Radisson twice, the Marriott Courtyard twice. I will not stay at the Radisson again. Both times the room smelled and just looked very worn. The Courtyard was much better and it was located with access to the beach. They also offer parking for your car while on a cruise.

Archived