Need Help-cruise price dropped

Sgibbs

I just got off the the phone with carnival about a $400.00 price difference on our cruise. I was told that they would nolonger lower the price. Please let me know if you have had this problem and who we need to talk to.

[b][color=darkslategray]Yes, I'm also wondering where you saw the lesser rate??? So many of the specials are for new bookings only, and there are lots of advertisements for lesser rate cruises with hidden come-ons.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f][/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f]I'm wondering if indeed this was a legitimate rate, since your cruise is next week.......??? Carnival PVPs usually offer you a shipboard credit when your cruise is so close, or anytime after final payment has been made.[/color][/b]

I've never had any experience working with Carnival directly. Did you ask about cabin upgrades and/or shipboard credit instead? My TA has been able to either or both for me.

The price drop was on carnivals. It was the room next door ( Cat. 11). When I spoke to to them they said sorry can't do any thing. This will be the last time to book through them. We were looking a booking a large group for 2006 but maybe not.

I would guess it has something to do with the fact that you are so close and that your cruise documents have been sent out already etc. I would see if they will give you onboard credit or something. Or call and ask to speak with a supervisor or something and ask for a detailed reason why you are unable to receive credit or an upgrade.

I've heard it being done even as close as 2 days before, so there can still be some hope. Have you taken it "up the ladder"? What are they giving you as reason for not giving you an adjustment? Is it possible it's just the PVP you're having to work with?

We purchased our cruise through the Cruise Value Center. We got our interrior cabin for $379 five night cruise. Now my question is...Do I wait to see if the prices drop on the site I purchased from or do I wait until carnival posts a price below the $379 we paid? (good luck right) :confused: Oh, I'm so confused. I'm not cheep but with a family of five any little on board credit we could get would be great.:D

Archived