What should I look into doing in Barbados??

Bran8778

I'm going to make an assumption that you will be on a cruise (gee thats why your posting on Cruise Critic) and will only be here for one day...

I would always recommend some type of island tour.. something that gives you the most amount of places to see, or even take 2 if you have time. or you could do a tour in the AM and go to the beach in the PM.

Places to see??.. where do I begine. Gun Hill signal station, Flower Forest, Sunbury Great House, St. Johns Parish Church, Bathsheba and Cattlewash, Farley Hill National Park, Animal Flower Cave, Speightstown and the west coast.

Beaches - Rockley/Accra Beach or Paynes Bay (at the Coach House) are my first 2 choices.

and yes, I do recommend that you do the tours through the cruise lines as they know what they are doing.. (not that others don't, but...)

have a great day.

We just returned from our AOS cruise. This was our first visit to Barbados. We chose to spend the day on the Silver Moon catamaran cruise. We had heard wonderful things about it here on the boards and we booked it on our own. All I can say is that it was terrific! I highly reccommend it. Our family of four were joined by just 7 other passengers. There were two snorkling stops. The first with the sea turtles and the second at a shipwreck. We were served a delicious home-cooked lunch and swam off the boat while lunch was being prepared. My 17 year old son has said that this was his favorite thing that we did on the cruise.

Any questions? Feel free. You can also do a search for Silver Moon and read comments from many others who have enjoyed this as well.

We have reservations to do the Best of Barbados Tour through glorytours.org in September. They have pretty good feedback on other threads in this forum. Good luck!

We just finished booking the Best of Barbados Tour with Glory Tours today. We will be in Barbados in December! It's EXACTLY what we wanted to do - see the green monkeys AND snorkel with the turtles :D among other things.

I have been pestering Sarah with questions over the past few weeks, and she is ALWAYS extremely helpful and patient :)

We just returned from our AOS cruise. This was our first visit to Barbados. We chose to spend the day on the Silver Moon catamaran cruise. We had heard wonderful things about it here on the boards and we booked it on our own. All I can say is that it was terrific! I highly reccommend it. Our family of four were joined by just 7 other passengers. There were two snorkling stops. The first with the sea turtles and the second at a shipwreck. We were served a delicious home-cooked lunch and swam off the boat while lunch was being prepared. My 17 year old son has said that this was his favorite thing that we did on the cruise.

Any questions? Feel free. You can also do a search for Silver Moon and read comments from many others who have enjoyed this as well.

We have been on numberous Catamaran cruises recommeded on these boards only to be disappointed. Is this a booze cruise? With only 10 passengers, it sounds like this is not one of those. I will check this out on the internet. Thanks for the info.

We have been on numberous Catamaran cruises recommeded on these boards only to be disappointed. Is this a booze cruise? With only 10 passengers, it sounds like this is not one of those. I will check this out on the internet. Thanks for the info.

No, it is not a booze cruise. This was a very nice, low-key day. The eleven passengers on our cruise included my husband and myself with our two children (17 and 21), another family of four with two preteen boys, a mom and her preteen son, and a gentleman whose wife and son were on a scuba excursion. The young captain and his mate were very soft-spoken, polite guys. This outfit does not seem to cater to the "party people".

I can give you info on the Silver Moon I. Here is the info I have for next April: time is 9:30 - 2:30 (lunch cruise); cost is $100 per adult. Kids are less, but I don't know how much.

I know Silver Moon II was cheaper last year (probably this year too) due to more people on board, and I hear the boat is a little different.

Archived