Carnival valor, Panorama deck

teaach

My Dh and I are cruising on the Valor, 4/22/07. Today Carnival called and wanted to switch us from an Upper aft balcony to an 8E on the Panorama Deck. They were also giving us a $300 per cabin discount. I have been a littls leery of the aft cabin because I hate the smell of diesel fuel. I talked to a few cruising friends and they said take the upgrade, so I did. I now have cabin 1056 on Panorama. I hope I didn't make a mistake. This is our 2nd cruise and maybe someone might have some advice or pictures of 1056. Thanks for your help!

I have sailed 7 out of 9 times of the aft and not one time did i smell diesel uel. The fumes (if any) come from the funnel that you see which is located midship- so if there are any smells almsot everyone will be able to smell it.

Most ships are enviroment friendly. On aft cabins you might get soot on the chairs but if you wipe them down in themorning you wont have a problem--

The aft cabins have the biggest balconies on the ship. (not comparing to suites) for the same amount of money you get bigger.

your location is good-- (any balcony photo will show you what your cabin looks like-- most cabins on carnival are exactly the same.)

you are located right at the elevtors stairs.--VERY convenient.

but will have a long walk to the food on the lido buffet.

The upgrade is a good deal for you.

Thanks Serene for the info. Sometimes we want everything to be so perfect we make ourselves crazy! It always helps to get some insider info. Maybe I can still hope to get upgraded to a suite! Hope the suite fairy comes.

I am wondering why they moved you in the first place. was it because the price came down or because someone wanted your cabin at a premium price??

if it was because someone wanted your cabin I woulda said no til they gave you the suite.

because i book the aft I state on my reservation no upgrades needed not even a suite. I spend more time on my balcony then i do in the cabin so balcony space is most important.

Your cruise is as perfect as you want it to be--even in rain or shine

Serene,

My PVP called and said he was watching out for me. He said the price had dropped $300. for the two of us and we would be upgraded to an 8E. I called a couple of friends and they said it was a goodeal. I hope I made the right decision. In total the price combined is $700 less than what is currently advertised.

I had a balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck on the Glory (sister ship - same layout) and I absolutely LOVED it!!

There are cabin decks above and below so no need to worry about public space noise. The cabin area on this deck is smaller and foot traffic through the hallways is less. I found it very easy to stroll down the hall and out the door right out to the Lido Deck area. Also a nice thing is that these are the highest balconies on the ship so there are no "balcony hangers" to look down at you..

I have read a lot of threads about aft balconies and many people love them. Aft balconies are larger and I have been tempted to book one but personally one of the things I love is feeling the breezes while I sit out on my balcony and you don't get that when you are aft.

• 2 weeks later...

Teaach, when I read your post, I felt like I wrote it! I called my TA the other day because I had an entertainment coupon, and wanted to see if it could be applied to our cruise. She called Carnival and called me back. Forget the coupon she said, we got upgraded from the Upper Deck on the Valor (same date as you!!) to the Panorama - and the $300 discount. I couldn't believe it. SHE was so excited... and I, like you, was very hesitant to move!! But, we took it and now I am excited. It sounds like a nice place to be. I have NO IDEA why this happened. Thought it was interesting it happened to us both, and we are on the same cruise.

Logbook, The code for the promo is DP1. I guess it's a great deal. I was a little apprehensive giving up an Upper aft balcony, but so many people have said Panorama balconies are excellent! I hope to see you on the Panorama deck on 4/22. We are cabin 1056. I can't wait till April!

My PVP emailed me, I got upgraded from 8a guarantee to 1056 panorama. But, no $$ back. How did you end up getting a credit? I don't think the price I paid has gone down since I booked and the room I am now getting is $240 pp higher. Have read wonderful things about the deck so very happy but would be even happier with $ in my pocket. Wonder why all the good upgrades? Aren't we lucky? :D

741323, that is what concerned me in the beginning. I suddenly saw several people being upgraded to the Panorama Deck - and there are so few cabins up there, I wondered what was "wrong" on that deck..... But after all the feedback I have seen, it looks like a great place to be.

Gypsyrose, We have the exact same cabin on the Valor on 4/22/07. I think that's a coincidence. When we both get back (I'm on the Eastern Carib., you must be on the Western) we will have to compare cabins and trips. We were on the Triumph last Feb. doing the Western and we had a blast. That's why we are back for more fun! Can't wait till April!

• 1 year later...

Archived