Chair Hogs

Ok. I was just reading through the chair hog posts. Me and the hubby will be taking our first "warm weather" cruise in October on Empress of the Seas, to Bermuda. I think it stinks that people do this with the chairs and don't think I'll hesitate to move stuff if I need a chair and it's obvious someone is nowhere to be seen. But I have a question, what do you think about putting a little sign/3x5 card, saying you'll be right back, on your chair when you go into the pool or to the poolside bar for a drink or the restroom? Has anyone ever done that? And does it work? I don't want to be a chair hog, but I also don't want to argue with anyone over a chair, especially while I'm on vacation. Just a thought, like I said, this is our first warm weather cruise and I want to learn about the protocol!:) :p :cool:

I hate these situations, and really begrudge my wife whenever she wishes to place us in a position on either side of the stickiness. My preference is to either have one of us stick with the chairs or just give 'em up.

I think your safe to run to the restroom if you leave your stuff or tell the folks next to you that you will be right back... PLus... If you walk up to one of th bars for a bit...... and can see your chair then you can run down and retrieve it...

This happened to me-- and the people who came back to claim their towels and chairs had been gone for an HOUR.......!

Its doesnt usually happen that somone will take your chair when yu leave for a few minutes-

GOOD LUCK!

I hate these situations, and really begrudge my wife whenever she wishes to place us in a position on either side of the stickiness. My preference is to either have one of us stick with the chairs or just give 'em up.
What?!!? When the heck did I ever do that? :mad: You must be thinking of that "other girlfriend" again. Grrr..

Archived