Passports on the way!

mstravel

I work in the New Orleans Passport office. :D The "average" time for processing an application is 4 weeks. Problems with Birth Certificates is the biggest problem along with marriage certificates. Women who change their name after a divorce should include a copy of the final divorce decree and include it in the packcage. Children's applications MUST include consent from BOTH parents, living together OR divorced AND single mothers who listed a "father" on the cirth certificate. This precludes one of the parents leaving the country with the child without the other parent's knowledge. This only protects the child. If BOTH parents are there when the application is accepted then BOTH parents can sign the application. If you have had a passport before, then all you need to do is submit the old passport and new pictures with the "renewal" application. Birth Certificate is not necessary. Costs less too. ALL documents submited with the new applicatioin ARE returned to you with your new passport. Have I answered all your questions or just made matters worse? :rolleyes:

Thank you for that information. I should have about 3 more weeks to wait then. :)

I work in the New Orleans Passport office. :D The "average" time for processing an application is 4 weeks. Problems with Birth Certificates is the biggest problem along with marriage certificates. Women who change their name after a divorce should include a copy of the final divorce decree and include it in the packcage. Children's applications MUST include consent from BOTH parents, living together OR divorced AND single mothers who listed a "father" on the cirth certificate. This precludes one of the parents leaving the country with the child without the other parent's knowledge. This only protects the child. If BOTH parents are there when the application is accepted then BOTH parents can sign the application. If you have had a passport before, then all you need to do is submit the old passport and new pictures with the "renewal" application. Birth Certificate is not necessary. Costs less too. ALL documents submited with the new applicatioin ARE returned to you with your new passport. Have I answered all your questions or just made matters worse? :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for this information. I didn't see it until we returned. I figured we'd take what we have & if it is rejected we still have plenty of time since we don't really need them until June. I specifically asked the lady that took his info if she has seen problems with the BC's not having parents birth cities on them. She stated that the only problem she has seen was that some did not list the parents at all.

I'm hoping mine won't be an issue. I have been divorced but changed my name when I remarried. My DL shows my maiden, which of course is on my BC & my recently married name. In the area that asked if you have gone by any other names I did put my first name, middle name, maiden name & also my first, middle & old married name. When I married, I had my new social & DL changed to indicate my name change with first (dropped my middle)maiden-new last name.

Does that sound like it will be an issue with mine since I didn't send my marriage license? I did mine last weekend. I couldn't believe there was no wait today. We walked in, no one was there & were in & out of there in less than 10 minutes. I spend over an hour last weekend.

crap, I just realized on my H's when I filled out his form online & printed it, I didn't change the area where it asked for Spouse's information. I put my name but still has his birthdate there & his place of birth instead of mine. Can I call & have that information corrected? What do I need to do?

I didn't realize you could check the status, until I read this post. So I went and checked my status and it says no record was found - I applied exactly 2 weeks ago, today. I, also, tried to check my Mothers - we went the same day - and hers, also, says no record found. Should I be concerned? Should I call on Tuesday?

Tracers, where do you live? I'm in Houston, I applied downtown for mine last Sat. I checked last night & got my status but I "think" they are processed in the same building I went to. If they had to mail yours off, that could be the reason. I'd give it until the middle of the week. If you mom's was showing but not yours then I'd be concerned.

I live near Pittsburgh, as far as I know it doesn't have a passport office - so I think my application would go to Philadelphia. But I will check my status,again, later on next week. I'm not in a hurry, I just was curious as to the status.

I was worried that I couldn't see mine either so when I went to the post office today,

I asked the lady that helped me with my passport apps.

She said that if you have a common last name,

it won't usually show up online until its mailed.

Archived