Children and Crown&Anchor

So how does it work in reverse... I am platinum and my parents have never cruised, does that make them platinum too? :confused:

It works in reverse, I went to my first cruise with my friends in 2004 and second cruise with my parents last year (it was their first cruise). we did went to 7 nights cruise with inside cabin, And they now have 2 C&A credit, that's what I have.

I read this last week and signed 18 year old up for her own crown and anchor number. The most critical part is that they have to live with you. Then they are entitled to all the cruise credits that the highest person living there has. They realize that this is not fair and this is going to be changed. I think they said jan 2007 this will not be available any longer. They told me too many complained and they are going to change this. It will be earned credits only.Now that only means they have to have sailed with you, not paid for it. I do believe that this change makes sense. Our 18 yr old only took one RCI cruise with us where our younger kids will be on their 3rd RCI cruise after our Mariner trip in Oct. I think it is very nice of RCI to give the credits to the kids when they are of age. Kids all will get a boost right off the bat--probably most will forgo the gold level easily. Now the trick to all this is you should keep the tickets as proof just in case. I did not do this for the 2 previous cruises for them, but I learned that there is another venue that the cruise line uses for tracking kids without crown and anchor numbers. It is called the consumer id number. Ask for that and make sure after each cruise that it is the correct number. I would still keep the tickets just in case of a computer glitch.

Archived