Anyone Ever had there Luggage Lost

dei6360

Me and my BB (Beautiful Bride) were talking the other day about our next cruise (Paradise Aug. 29th) and she was saying how she can not relax until our luggage is at our room. I know this is true because the 1st cruse we took on Norwegian they had misplaced her luggage. We asked our room steward if they ever lose luggage and he said every once and a while, well this made my BB so upset that our room steward took us to where they hold misplaced luggage so we could find her bag and not have to wait for them to sort it out. My BB favorite thing to do next to sitting by the pool with a foo foo drink and having the pool boy mist water on her is getting ready each night for dinner and what ever activates we have planed. When at home we rarely ever go out because of our crazy work week, so it is nice to have a week where we can get dressed up and not have to worry. My question to all of you is… Have any of you lost any of your luggage? If so was it found and retuned to you while on your cruise, or was it never seen again.

Hmmm..lost luggage

Airplane...YES (lost and then FOUND...but returned in bits and pieces :eek: )

Cruiseline...NO....not yet at least. I've only cruised 3x.

I've had the cruisline 'smash' my bag and break stuff inside...does that count???? (this did not ruin my trip by the way)

The moral to that tidbit is pack breakables well!!!!! :eek:

On our Voyager cruise last year 6 people were without luggage. Seems the luggage was mis-directed and was placed in other peoples cabins. (did these people not realize this is no ttheir stuff????) The purser sent a note to each cabin to call his office if there is luggage in their cabin that dont belong to them- sheesh 2-3 days here..

If you dont have your luggage by 10pm I would head to the pursers deck. There is always a lot of luggage placed outside the desk because the tags came off.

Some traveling companions had checked the bag with all their snorkeling equipt in - but it never arrived - ever! They even checked when we got off the ship figuring whoever got use of the free equipt during the week whould at least return it at the end. No luck.

The pursers desk said that when it is equipt that is misdirected - it often does not get found. This last cruise I made hubby shlep it all on as a carry on!

A few years ago sailing out of New Orleans (can't remember ship name, but it was CCL), my bag never made it off the plane. Thank god my girlfriends and I had a 2 day pre-cruise stay in New Orleans. My bag turned up in the middle of the night - around 3am. From that day forward, I ALWAYS book at least one day pre-cruise. Much easier to get any lost bags to a hotel than a moving ship!!

One thing you might want to do is to pack some of your things in her bag, and some of hers in yours. In my carry-on, I always pack a change of clothes, bathing suit, toiletries, camera, meds, and clean underwear.

I know, I know.....clean underwear.

We were returning from a cruise on Jubilee in 1999 and put our luggage outside our cabin door the last night as instructed. When we arrived in Miami, only one bag was there, we never found the other bag. We has cruise insurance but Carnival told us that we had to go through our homeowners insurance which is what we did. We have cruised since but never let our luggage out of our sight!!!

A couple of years ago on the Celebration, one of our bags was never delivered to our cabin, and it was never found. It was an inconvenience for sure, but fortunately we never pack valuables / essentials in checked bags. Carnival gave us a couple of immediate shipboard credits, free tux rental, etc. to cover the items we were missing, plus a discount and bon voyage gift on a future cruise.

I had one that was missing on the Glory last year. It was all of our toiletries. I was not a happy trooper believe me. Come to find out security confiscated it because I had a pair of scissors in it...I learned my lesson and picked the scissors up at the end of the cruise. I was really shocked that they would take a suitcase because of scissors..

Happy cruising

Gerry

Yikes!! Bag confiscated because of scissors?? Thanks for the heads up on that one! :)

We usually bring a couple of bottled waters on our cruise. Fortunately, on our last cruise, I had packaged them in a ziplock. One had been crushed and was badly leaking but the ziplock held the water. I wonder if anything like that ever happens to people who bring soft drinks on board. I would be seriously bummed if I opened my suitcase to find a can of Pepsi had exploded! :D

Here is what I think is a humorous yet true story, on the HAL ship Oosterdam, 2 empty seats at dinner the first night. The folks show up the second night, (young couple from Canada), well lo and behold her large piece of luggage is lost. Now they were about the last folks on, used cruise air and were hustled from the airport in FLL to the pier, watched the luggage get taken off the bus and they hustled aboard.

Well numerous calls to the pursers desk, back to bus company, the folks on land, all to no avail. It had her formal dresses etc. HAL did an ok job of providing formal wear, that is a separate subject.

End of cruise, they are debarking the ship, she says lets just go ask the person who runs the terminal one last time as most of the conversation had been via phone.

SHe contacts the head guy, they said lets justs go take a peek in the xray machine BINGO her luggage was the last piece in the machine, they never took it out, it stayed t heir all week.

They ended up with a free cruise, no air from HAL

Pete

I've never lost any luggage from a cruise yet... (knock on wood)!! One one occasion the airline misdirected our luggage, and we had to wait for four hours at the Orlando airport for the next flight to arrive with our luggage.

It was Friday the 13th, I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not!! When the next flight arrived, ours was the first set of luggage on the conveyor, so all was well!

I have to agree with the other poster who said that they always fly down a day in advance! That was our third cruise, and the first time we flew down in a day early. From then on out, we've always flown down a day or two ahead of the cruise!

Last time I went crusing I (and a lot other people on our flight) lost our luggage. We did not get our luggage until the 2nd day when the ship (Destiny) was in Antigua. We had to live with the clothes we had on or brought. We were so glad when we FINALLY got our luggage. After being in Philly Airport for over 8 hours due to problems and to top it off losing our luggage. Great way to start a vacation.

Our next cruise we are playing it safe and leaving a day early.

Met a couple on a cruise who had lost her luggage. They had no insurance and Carnival only gave her what they advertised-I think $100 ship credit. Not that helps much, not a huge clothing selection. And the first port was about the 3rd day into the cruise. Learned my lesson on buying insurance and packing half of each person's clothes in each suitcase (as mentioned by someone else here) after listening to how they ate at the buffet the whole week.

A couple of years ago, for my 25th wedding anniversary. Princess cruise line lost my luggage. It was a fiasco. They did not care. We finally made numerous calls back home and it was left in the airport by Princess. Well to make a long story short I missed my anniversary Party because I had to clothes to wear. When I got home I wrote a letter to Princess and they responded that we are glad you eventually found your luggage. Of course with no help from them. I have since never looked at another cruise of theirs but now since Carnival has bought them I might someday consider using them again.

We had friends who cruised on Carnival a few years ago. They got all their luggage on the ship and when the cruise was over they left it outside the night before, as always, and never saw the bag again. It was their garment bag with his new suit and her dress clothes and shoes. They never got a penny from Carnival after months of trying!

Never had our luggage lost. Here's a good tip to help you out if you do though. This is real easy, especially if you have a digital camera. Take pictures of all of your bags and print out a few copies before you leave. If your luggage gets lost you have a picture to show what it looks like!

I have never had Carnival lose my bags and have cruised with them 6 times. We just came off of the July 4th sailing and arrived at the pier at 11:40 AM. There were no other Carnival ships in dock, which may have been a factor and we received our luggage before dinner. Have a great cruise!

The Paradise is great. Tell Richard, the BEST bar waiter on the ship, hello from Cyndi, Mike, Lisa, James, Sarah and Tammy. He is from India and we met him the first day. It was like leaving family the day we left.

We were on a cruise with another couple. After the cruise we gathered the bags and drove home. Had to stop overnight on the way and the other guy found out he had picked up the wrong garment bag. When we got home I had him call Carnival and they told him, yes they had his bag and it would be shipped to him. There was a personalised ID tag on the bag he had picked up, so we called the owner and let them know what had happened. He then took the bag to UPS and had it shipped to the owner. I always put one of my business cards inside my bag just in case something happens. That way if someone gets my bag by mistake, and they are an honest person like a majority of cruisers are, they at least have a way of contacting me if the outter tag gets torn off.

Archived