Luggage tags at the pier?

Greg in GA

I just received my eDocs today from NCL for the Pride of Hawaii on November 6th. In the email they stated that we would receive our luggage tags once we arrrive at the pier.

Does anyone know how this works? All of my previous cruises we checked our luggage with the porters as soon as we got to the pier. Will we have to take our luggage with us through the line to check in now?

Thanks for any information!

Greg

I wondered about the same thing as we had only got edocs too for our PoAm cruise this past June. But when we got to the pier the porter grabbed our bags, asked our room number, and the next time I saw the bags they were right outside our cabin door! :)

I don't know about you but I use to look forward to my docs coming in the mail. Nice little package with your tickets make it feel very official. I am not into these "edocs" and or "printed tags". :( I can't picture putting paper thin printed out tags on my luggage and having it not be distroyed along the way to our cabin. Any one else feel this way? Our TA said that all the cruise lines are doing this now to save money.

Next thing ya know ( just to save money ) they will be sending us a video of the cruise we want to take and tell us to go make ourselves a nice tropical drink, microwave some pop corn and sit back and enjoy your trip! ;)

Next thing ya know ( just to save money ) they will be sending us a video of the cruise we want to take and tell us to go make ourselves a nice tropical drink, microwave some pop corn and sit back and enjoy your trip! ;)

LOL, I hope they include a sunlamp!

Actually, for an additional charge you can get a High Def DVD. They will also include little signs to put on your chairs saying it is reserved (for somebody else). You will also get an opportunity to sell yourself high priced drinks. They will overnight to you (at your cost) a disposable camera to return to the cruiseline to have them make prints of your "cruise".

Our TA said that all the cruise lines are doing this now to save money.

;)

But for whom :rolleyes: If you book direct with NCL you still get traditional docs. The Mega TAs are demanding edocs to save them time and money. Right from the cruiseline to your inbox.

They no longer have to accept bulk shipments, sort and check to make sure you docs are correct, any pay to mail them to their clients. The large agencies had whole departments that did nothing but this. Those jobs are going fast and you did not save a dime.

Hey UNEAMIE,

Yes, receiving the documents in the mail was so exciting. You knew at that time you were getting really close to cruise time.

Thats why I was kind of disappointed with the whole edoc thing.

Greg

Yes Greg it was exciting! I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas (silly me) but that's the way it is when you are looking forward to your vacation and those documents coming in the mail was part of the whole exciting package. I don't think I would revert to booking thru NCL just to get them though. Not worth the extra money one pays to book thru them. Oh well...I still have the empty document booklets from all my past cruise. Maybe they will become collector's items. LOL! ;)

Archived