can you wear skorts? or denim skirts?

Blossum

I just found this on the NCL website:

Attire

Wear what you want. Dress according to your mood. It is your vacation. “Resort casual” attire is as dressy as you’ll ever have to get for dinner. But if it’s elegance you’re dreaming of, we invite you to indulge. Many of our restaurants offer formal options. If you prefer more casual dress, that’s fine, too. How you dress is up to you.

So now I am confused.

Ok..I think this will clear things up. Jeans arent really allowed in dining areas. But if you are just out walking on the deck at night. You can wear them. That makes more sense now!

[/url]Dress Code in Dining Rooms

Freestyle Cruising gives our guests the freedom to dress as they please. Resort casual attire is always appropriate morning, noon and night. However, NCL/ NCLA does not allow any blue jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of our fine dining restaurants for dinner, including all main restaurants, alternative restaurants, and cover charge venues.

Guests are allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts and t-shirts, in the evenings at the buffets, outdoor barbeques, and 24-hour venues, such as the Blue Lagoon, the Cadillac diner, etc.

Below are a few exceptions to the dining room dress code:

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

You cant wear jeans on the spirit? At anytime at all? What about jean capri's?

Jeans, jean capris, etc applies only to dinner in the restaurants. If you're wearing jeans on deck, denim capris to the library, etc. that's totally fine!! No one is going to tell you to go back and change! You just can't wear that attire to dinner.

I'm not trying to muddy the waters concerning NCL's jeans policy, but on my Spirit cruise back in February, the signage at the entrance to the dining rooms read "No torn jeans". This, to me, implies that jeans in good condition were acceptable.

Ok..I think this will clear things up. Jeans arent really allowed in dining areas. But if you are just out walking on the deck at night. You can wear them. That makes more sense now!

[/url]Dress Code in Dining Rooms

Freestyle Cruising gives our guests the freedom to dress as they please. Resort casual attire is always appropriate morning, noon and night. However, NCL/ NCLA does not allow any blue jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of our fine dining restaurants for dinner, including all main restaurants, alternative restaurants, and cover charge venues.

Guests are allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts and t-shirts, in the evenings at the buffets, outdoor barbeques, and 24-hour venues, such as the Blue Lagoon, the Cadillac diner, etc.

Below are a few exceptions to the dining room dress code:

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

Be this as it may, my wife was not allowed to wear denim blazer, not a cowboy blazer or anything in a dining room on the Wind.

In May, on the Majesty, she got away with it in one dining room, but in the other they said no. Showed them the "rule" but they said that men resented it when women were allowed to wear denim and they, the men, were not allowed to wear jeans. Silly.

It seems like the typical bureaucratic situation where common sense loses out along the way.

I'm not trying to muddy the waters concerning NCL's jeans policy, but on my Spirit cruise back in February, the signage at the entrance to the dining rooms read "No torn jeans". This, to me, implies that jeans in good condition were acceptable.

And , of course, jeans are allowed at any time if you are sailing NCL out of Houston. The rationale..they reflect the Texas culture. Yes I said culture.

Maybe NCL should call in Kofi Annan to straighten out this whole jeans thing before we find ourselves in an August, 1914 situation.

I dont think I would wear jeans to dinner anyway, but, I am glad to know that I can wear them outside of the restaurants. Personally, I dont see why you cant wear them. Who cares!

I don't understand why I can't drive 100mph on the highway. Who cares?

Be this as it may, my wife was not allowed to wear denim blazer, not a cowboy blazer or anything in a dining room on the Wind.

In May, on the Majesty, she got away with it in one dining room, but in the other they said no. Showed them the "rule" but they said that men resented it when women were allowed to wear denim and they, the men, were not allowed to wear jeans. Silly.

It seems like the typical bureaucratic situation where common sense loses out along the way.

First, great question about the jean skirts, I've been wondering about that myself.

Second, Shineman, your wife was turned away for wearing a jean blazer on the Majesty? I'm sailing the Majesty in October and was hoping to be able to wear a nice jean skirt to dinner, I guess not.

I knew about the new jeans (pants) but am a bit surprised by the blazer and maybe skirt issue. Oh well, I'll just have to wear something else. Thank God I've shopped like a mad woman for months for this cruise.:D

First, great question about the jean skirts, I've been wondering about that myself.

Second, Shineman, your wife was turned away for wearing a jean blazer on the Majesty? I'm sailing the Majesty in October and was hoping to be able to wear a nice jean skirt to dinner, I guess not.

I knew about the new jeans (pants) but am a bit surprised by the blazer and maybe skirt issue. Oh well, I'll just have to wear something else. Thank God I've shopped like a mad woman for months for this cruise.:D

The ban was imposed in the Four Seasons, not in the Seven Seas.

Same restaurant turned away guy who gave impression of being very dressed up despite wearing real Bermuda shorts. Right out of Esquire. At the same time women wearing Capris only slightly longer were OK even tho looked like came straight from beach and would fit in much better eating at the Piazza San Marco. Go figure.

A skort is like shorts with a skirt over the front. I personally don't think that they are much different than a short, as you can see the "shorts" part from the back. Or, sometimes you can find them with a skirt overtop of the short. Just dresses up the "shorts" which you can't see (unless you happen to be looking up someone's skirt).:p The reason for wearing them is they are much more comfortable than a skirt inso much as you don't have to worry about what you do. You are covered :D

Hope this helps ya guys out there :)

A skort is like shorts with a skirt over the front. I personally don't think that they are much different than a short, as you can see the "shorts" part from the back. Or, sometimes you can find them with a skirt overtop of the short. Just dresses up the "shorts" which you can't see (unless you happen to be looking up someone's skirt).:p The reason for wearing them is they are much more comfortable than a skirt inso much as you don't have to worry about what you do. You are covered :D

Hope this helps ya guys out there

Here is a Skort they may not like.

A4skort.jpg

Here is one I like :D

T1024B1014.jpg

Archived