Thank you to all for advice on private tours

I am always so impressed with the quality of information that I receive on these boards. I recently came back from the U.K. after a 26 day trip, the last part being a Princess 10 day cruise. This trip involved a lot of planning, especially as most of the time we were a group of 7, including two seniors with mobility issues, 2 children and 1 teenager. So, you can imagine the time spent planning!

I choose 4 different private organizations that were recommended on this board and was extremely happy with all of them. We used Woodford Chauffeurs 3 different times and they were always prompt, efficient and friendly, plus Cheryl's help before the trip was invaluable. Then we used London Country Tours twice. The organizer had to cancel at the last minute due to having surgery, but he made sure we had a very nice replacement. Our driver's name was Ray and the whole family enjoyed his company very much.

In Scotland we set up a day with Craig of Mini Tours Scotland. He was spectacular, both with my advance planning and with our day in Scotland. He was friendly, informative and flexible, a truly perfect guide.

In Brugges we ordered a taxi in advance with Brugse Taxi Service. We had a very sweet driver named Eddy, who went out of his way to make sure we had a good visit. He was also friendly and prompt.

Again, I thank everyone on this board for their excellent suggestions. I have used Cruise Critic for my last 5 trips and I can't imagine trip planning without it. Happy travels everyone!

Sincerely,

Monica Miller

Archived