Smoothie Card ~ Would you? or Would'nt you?

4merlurker

As an adult would you feel comfortable buying the smoothie card (teen package) to use yourself? If you have, what was your experience at the different bars, with waiters by the pool or at the dinner table?

Inquiring minds want to know..........:D

~Connie

the "teen passport program" clearly states that it is only available to teens aged 13-17, so I would feel very uncomfortable trying to redeem coupons myself. (I know I don't look anything like a teen!:) )

I was actually wondering if it would be acceptable to purchase it for my 12 year old daughter next summer as her older sister (14) and brother (17) will both be getting one and it's a bit more "grown up" than the kids' unlimited beverage plan.

I'll be interested to hear if any adults have used the teen passport coupons for themselves though - I really wouldn't have thought that it was a possibility.

Hi

I did buy a smoothie card for my 12 year old son and I must admit that I used a few for myself and the rest for my non teen.

The bar staff was very accomodating and I did not feel like I was committing a crime using the card since I offerred to purchase a non-teen card.

NCL should have a smoothie card for each age group

preteens

teens

and adults like they offer with the soda card

At our CC group meet and greet, on the Spirit, six or seven officers greeted us and stated that they read the cruise critic posts so if they are

hopefully they will establish a smoothie card for all.

Enjoy your smoothies, another option is to bring a bullet blender and make your own, with the fresh fruit, yogurt and ice. Fruit is avaialable at all meals. I ordered the barset and was making pina coladas and other frozen rum drinks

This is great, I was hopeful to buy this card for my 12 year old son as he's 2 weeks away from 13 when we sail and his 13 year old stepbrother will have one, so it would be a "HUGE" problem if they both didn't get the same thing, get my drift.... our girls, 10 and 7, will get the beverage program, thanks for the info!!! Now if we could only get both the 12 and 13 yr old into the same teen club.... that's another discussion all together!

Leah

I just went on the Majesty with an 18yo, a 17yo, two 15yo, and a 13yo. We bought 6 smoothie booklets. Each of the kids had one and I had one. I brought rum with me (I'm not saying HOW. lol), and put it into my smoothies. The smoothies come in Strawberry, strawberry-banana, peach, and pina colada. Maybe a few more flavors, I'm not sure. I had no problem (nor any funny looks) turning in a smoothie ticket at any of the bars. :)

What is the cost of the smoothie card and how many drinks do you get? Is it part of the Teen Package or can it bought on its own?
Here's the info from NCL's web site:

Teen Passport Program (13 - 17 years of age)

*Pricing is subject to change without notice

Item #343 - $34.50

• 20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. Glass
  • The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks
  • The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll definetely by the package for my 14 year old. Last cruise she bankrupted us with virgin daqs every night!!! :eek: My 12 and 10 year olds have no interest in the smoothies - just the soda card.

I'll probably buy an extra package - drink a few myself and give the rest to dd and her friends....maybe ;)

~Connie

Hi 4merlurker

We just sailed on the 8/19 Spirit and had the Smoothie Card one thing I want to highlight is that on the Bar or Drink menu there are several other Teen or pre teen speciality drinks that can be ordered with the smoothie card.

I believe my son had a Rootbeer float, a Roy Rogers, some fabulous Chocolate drink that had crushed oreo cookies and plenty of chocolate and other drinks which I cannot remember. So please check the drink/bar menu and try them all.

My kids will be 10 and 11 on our next cruise. I'm thinking of buying the smoothie card for them. I'm assuming Norwegian doesn't care if they're not quite teenagers? All I know is when you buy the frozen drinks individually, we can't cruise all that often. ;)

I was on the August 19th Spirit and purchased the passport for my 13yo and the Kids Crew backpack for my 9yo, when I first called NCL to place the order the TA we booked with had my 13yo down as a 9yo and wouldn't let me order the teen passport till the TA straighten that out, siad they couldn't place it without being within the age limit 13-17

I believe the people that got them for the 12 year olds and younger got them on board. They give you a booklet of 20 coupons, my two boys used the soda card and smoothie coupons interchangably, and they could get any non alcholic drink they offered, including smoothies. we didn't even use them all and were hoping to be able to use them on our next cruise! :)

I probably would just buy the one smoothie booklet next time as my 9yo drank the free iced tea most of time with an occasional soda or smoothie. I don't think they could advertise the teen pack with smoothie booklet without offering smoothies anymore! :p

Dolores

Can you get a virgin Miami Vice on NCL cruises?

Oh boy, must have had 10-11 of those on my cruise (im only 17 so i had the coupons,) But i did see some adults use them and i sold one to a man for 2 dollars

PS where in bergen county are you from, im from wyckoff

Hmm! I hesitate to admit this for fear that I will receive some scathing replies but I have purchased a teen passport booklet on all of my NCL cruises. Granted I look relatively young for 30 but I'm clearly not a teenager, have never traveled with a teenager and I have never had trouble purchasing a booklet or using it onboard. I always thought that this was just a means for NCL to make more money than having people just purchase the virgin drinks individually because honestly I dont think that most people use the entire booklet on a seven day cruise.

On our August 6th cruise, the smoothie tickets can be used for smoothies, slushies, or sodas. There was a table set up right next to 'crossroads' in the center of the ship where we bought the booklets of tickets. No id's or other proof of age was requested, she only wanted the room card of whomever was paying for them.

Here's a thought...on one of the previous posts it is mentioned that the teen and a "guest" are invited to an afternoon dance party as part of the Teen Passport Program. Question: Who would the teen bring as a guest, since all the kids are in the Kid's Club anyway? (Or have I just been working too hard this week already)? Don't all the kids have a dance party?

Here's a thought...on one of the previous posts it is mentioned that the teen and a "guest" are invited to an afternoon dance party as part of the Teen Passport Program. Question: Who would the teen bring as a guest, since all the kids are in the Kid's Club anyway? (Or have I just been working too hard this week already)? Don't all the kids have a dance party?

Good question....

L

Well, how about "sort of" ;) . We bought them for our kids in Alaska 2 years ago -- they were just over the age limit at 21 and 18. My DD was just barely 18, and we did tell the bartender that when we went to inquire about the coupons. He sold them to us for both kids without even making a comment about age.

My DH and I don't drink alcohol, so we ended up using some of the coupons too. I agree that you don't need one book per child. We did buy two coupon books, used them for all 4 of us in Alaska (where admittedly cold, frozen drinks don't have quite the same appeal), and again on a Texaribbean cruise for all 4 of us. We still have several of the individual coupons left, and I plan on using them on our upcoming cruise on the Jewel!

I tried to purchase the smoothie package ahead of time for my daughter last year...They check the ages on the ressie (12 and 21) and they wouldnt let me purchase them in advance, but once I got on the ship I had no problem purchasing them.

Archived