Car Rental in Kauai...

Cruisecontroler

We need to rent a car in Kauai to get to Princeville by 9:00 a.m....just found out from the "small print" that Thrifty doesn't have a shuttle at the pier until an hour after the ship docks. Our POH doesn't dock until 8am. :(

Does anyone know if it is do-able to get a rental car and be on the road in time to drive up to Princeville by 9am?

Thanks in advance, for any help with this. :)

I actually came to the Hawaii board to ask a rental car question when I found yours. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions on rental car companies that provide good service to Cruise Ship folks? My rentals have always been from the airport.

Thank you in advance.

Seems like this is cutting it too close. I don't think I would pay in advance and schedule an independent tour with this time frame.

Good instinct, Bucky3:). The place I booked the excursion through said it just wouldn't work...I booked a later time slot for the same excursion.:D

...and thanks, Lambs2 for the advice...I think I'll do that too.

It is possible, just cutting it very close. We went to the lighthouse which isn't too far from Princeville and made it in about 40 minutes. The worst part is getting thru some of the towns where the speed limit is 25. After you break free of the few towns, it's a clear drive on an open road.

Archived