Carnival Transfer Service

gdurha99

Has anyone used the transfer service offered by Carnival? We booked using a TA also booked Air with the cruise price. We are wondering if the shuttle is an air conditioned shuttle bus or a taxi type car? What time does it pick you up from airport? We will hopefully be on an early flight(June 16,2007)

We booked through a TA, which included cruise, air and transfers. We arrived at Miami airport in 2/06. A carnival rep. was in the lobby by baggage pickup and told us where the pickup van was. You have to wait till the van is pretty full before they take you to the port. I believe the van was air conditioned but in Feb. we really didn't notice. The reverse happens when you disembark, but the van fills up quicker because all the people on it are all going to the airport.

We also purchased the transfers with air from Carnival, and when we got into Miami, the carnival reps were there to direct us which line to get in, and we rode on a Greyhound bus with a/c. When we dis-embarked, the porter helped us find the correct bus to Fort Lauderdale. Hope this helps.:)

I just found out that my travel agent put us down for, and charged us for, a transfer to and from the ship. While this is all well and good, I don't know if I definitely want to use it because I have plenty of time to kill and I'd rather take a taxi somewhere and pick some stuff up before boarding the ship.

SO.. is the transfer ticket refundable?

Has anyone used the transfer service offered by Carnival? We booked using a TA also booked Air with the cruise price. We are wondering if the shuttle is an air conditioned shuttle bus or a taxi type car? What time does it pick you up from airport? We will hopefully be on an early flight(June 16,2007)

Unfortunately, you don't give enough details. Which city of arrival? Which departure port?

In general, the transfers will be in large buses which will only depart when full. The drivers will remind you that they deserve tips.

If at all possible, check independent shuttle services, or in the case of FLL (for example), taxis

Guest YesitDonna

You can also buy Carnival transfers for just one way. So if you would prefer to get your own after the cruise just buy the one to the ship. I prefer my own transport to the ship because you don't have to wait around for a bus that can be quite a wait if you come in early. Although we don't get air from Carnival either beause their flights usually come in later and you miss a good number of hours on the ship. I'm sure if you call your TA and say that you hadn't wanted transfers, this early, they can just delete it out.

Unfortunately, you don't give enough details. Which city of arrival? Which departure port?

In general, the transfers will be in large buses which will only depart when full. The drivers will remind you that they deserve tips.

If at all possible, check independent shuttle services, or in the case of FLL (for example), taxis

We will be traveling from Memphis TN to Miami . We will depart on the Carnival Triumph out of Miami,FLA. Hope this will help us get an idea of what to expect.

Archived